Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

What Kind is he

I hate those things. I've sat in a ground blind with one for a couple hours before it rattled.

Sounds like some of ya are a little squeamish!!!!! I bet none of ya have been bit though. Those black ones are really cool.

I know I'm gonna take some heat for this, but please don't kill snakes, at least not in the wild. they are an important part of our ecology, and we are in their habitat when hunting. If you do kill one, make the most out of it and take the meat home and eat it

I whole heartedly agree with ac guy. I spend my summer nights driving roads and pullin em off the road so they dont get run over. also enables me to get some awesome pictures. Opener of bear i caught one az black as posted in photo above, one blacktailed rattlesnake (tend to have a yellow or greenish color similar to mohave yet bigger and different venom) and 9 diamond back, one of which lived in his bush for a day ten feet from camp. and you can bet your broadheads all 11 are still there including the blacktailed which was 5 inches coiled from my shin. A buddy of mine is missing his left middle finger to a diamond back, he still respects the snakes and continues to catch and photograph them.

if you do plan on killing them, as hunters, know that there are seperate game regs on reptiles and amphibian. Some are protected and some are allowed harvest. most rattlesnakes that are not protected have a bag limit of 4, and a hunting license is required. Keep in mind fellow hunters that they are a resource and all salvageable meat must be taken home. Killing more than a limit or in a year depending on species is considered poaching just as with anyother species. Keep your ethics even with a rattlesnake, you dont want other people taking more than their limit of somethin else or killin a protected species. Do the same for us snake lovers. also if you do plan on harvesting snakes be sure of the species and limit, you dont go shoot a muley with a coues tag, right.

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/regulations/...Regulations.pdf