KingJeff187

fishing spots near sedona

So The girlfriend and i are going up to sedona next weekend. Her knowing me as well as she does, she asked me if we were going to do any fishing. problem being i really havent fished near sedona a whole lot (i'm a bass guy). anyone know some place i could take my girl to get her hooked into her first trout. I prefer creek/stream fishing if possible when it comes to trout. Thanks in advance guys

Oak Creek should be stocked sometime this week. If you just want her to catch a fish and try eating it, there is a trout farm up there. Most other creeks in the area are going to pretty warm and I'd expect the fishing to pretty slow. Rumor has it there's been a few small hatches on the C&R parts.

If you really want to make it special for her, and want a new addiction for you, there's the option to hire an outfitter to teach and take you both fly fishing. If she hooks into a few with a fly rod, she'll let you take her fishing anywhere. :D

• Like 1

If you drop down a bit to Cottonwood, you can hit the Verde of of the Tuzigoot Rd and get into Smallies. Could be a win/win.

• Like 1

Oak creek upstream of slide rock was always good for a few fly fishing trout. Also Might try Page Springs fish hatchery area between Sedona and Cottonwood.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the spots to check out. I'm thinking i might just pack my ultra light set ups with us for our hike. Was planning on taking her hiking on oak creek since she has never been. Hopefully we can find some hold overs in the pockets along our hike. If all else fails we can just hit the verde on our way home through cottonwood.