W.O.T

Gaiters- what are you guys using?

I hate rattlers, especially when its dark out or walking thru tall grass. Which gaiters should I look at?

Couple considerations... Light weight & quiet for bowhunting

I just got a pair of Turtle Skin gaiters. Haven't worn them in the field yet but they are much more comfortable than the ones that have the plastic ribs in them. I paid $140. They are just a little thicker/stiffer than a pair of heavy duty work pants.

I bought a $50 pair off Amazon with the plastic in them and they're ok. The buckles kept loosening but a little electrical tape fixed that. It's comforting to push through and be less worried.

Mine are wrap around with three buckles made by Whitewater. Before those, I wore soccer shin guards in the front and rear of my hunting socks and they did fine!

KUIU and also OR Crocs are good.

KUIU and also OR Crocs are good.

Can the kuiu gaiters be used as snake gaiters? Was thinking of picking me up a pair of kuiu's. Is there enough protection (if any) for snakes?

Not for snakes, I would pick up a pair of dedicated snake gaiters. I have some from Cableas years back, they are hot and loud. Use them for birds and yote callin.

• Like 1

Not for snakes, I would pick up a pair of dedicated snake gaiters. I have some from Cableas years back, they are hot and loud. Use them for birds and yote callin.

Got it, thanks for the info. I thought you were using them as snake gaiters. This will be my first time heading out during the august hunt. Not looking forward to the snakes.

Got it, thanks for the info. I thought you were using them as snake gaiters. This will be my first time heading out during the august hunt. Not looking forward to the snakes.

I guess reading is fundamental, I'm tired of reading this week. Sorry, didnt read the post about snakes.

I recently picked up a pair of Scentblocker Buckskins for $60 on Amaxon and really liked them for the money. Spent about 3 days in them and backpacked a good 7-8mi. They definitely were warm and my leg was soaked underneath, but the peace of mind was well worth it while pushing through the brush and places you can't see. My buddy that was with me on that trip bought a pair from Cabella's (unsure of the brand) and was really happy with his as well. I think he said he paid around $40.