PelaPapas

New Camo???

If there is no chance of you getting wet and you are going through catclaw, the old school stuff does pretty good. But if you don't like your bottom half to be sweating to death or don't want to trudge around in wet heavy cotton pants after a storm, there is an easy solution to that, it just costs a little money. I don't have to suffer anymore like we did on almost all of our hunting trips when I was a kid... But I'll never own a yeti.

• Like 1

If there is no chance of you getting wet and you are going through catclaw, the old school stuff does pretty good. But if you don't like your bottom half to be sweating to death or don't want to trudge around in wet heavy cotton pants after a storm, there is an easy solution to that, it just costs a little money. I don't have to suffer anymore like we did on almost all of our hunting trips when I was a kid... But I'll never own a yeti.

And if hunting down south, a nice desert camo pattern could keep the Mules away.

Buy the camo that you like.. Enjoy it and wear it proudly who cares if it's "trendy" or " cost a lot " .. Its no different than any other sport. My son plays sports year round and it costs just as much for basketball gear, or baseball gear, or football gear.. 15 years ago when I was in higschool a good baseball glove cost anywhere from 150-300 dollars. With that being said I dont have a ton of hunting outfits just 4 shirts and a couple pants I have a sitka shirt, under armour , and now a kuiu shirt, also have some military surplus stuff I wear.. I cant really tell a difference I just like the fact that its camo and comfortable..

i have killed a boatload of big game animals, including some great animals, while wearing cotton shirts and blue jeans or carhart pants. that being said, i switched to Kuiu last year and could not be happier. i usually hunt hard and like to pack light. you can wear one set of kuiu for days without it getting too stretched out or stinky, cotton is a one day use type cloth for sure. also their layering system is incredibly light and packs down to nothing. at the end of the day, if a product makes me comfortable and in turn i am able to hunt harder and longer, then sign me up. i can pack enough clothes to keep a Jamaican warm at the north pole in a very small bundle weighing less than 2 lbs.

• Like 4