ZBAR

Long range archers

Dudes, any thoughts on why I might be hitting 6inches left at 90-100 yards?

At 20-80 I'm dead on....just find it odd at those specific ranges I hit left. Everything is tuned, center shot is great. I'm thinking it's my form but I can't pinpoint what I might be doing differently.

Is there a 3rd access problem perhaps the further out you go? Enlighten me with your wisdom!

Thanks-

Most likely form. The further out you are the more a small flinch or torque becomes critical. That 6" miss would only be 3" at 50.

• Like 1

Could be a winddrift contribution too. Your arrow has shed a ton of forward velocity by the time it hits the 100yard mark, so it will be drifting at a great ratio compared to forward travel.

Your aiming from the arm and not from the hips. At longer range like steep down hill shot you need to keep 20 yard form on your upper body and bend up into the shot at the hips.

• Like 1

Right on. Thanks guys! I did walk back tune, so it must be form related. I'll figure it out.

Move your sight to the left to hit dead on at 100, you will probably still hit dead on at the shorter ranges. You can always move it back if it doesn't work.

I Agree with Mattys, Do some blind bail shooting and work on some form. Another thing to consider is when are you shooting 100 in your practice sessions? If you start at 20 and move to 100 your going to be fatigued by the time your shooting 80+ don't know if that's the case just something to think about. also how many arrows are you shooting at a time? I know for me personally after 60-70 its hard for me to pick a spot due to pin coverage. and if I get lazy with my shot I find my self pushing out as I try to find the spot during my shot process.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply's. I tried everything but blind bail shooting. Gonna hit the range today to work on form.

Seems to me it would be your 2nd axis. I had the same problem a few years back on a bow. I was shooting almost perfect out to 100 and was almost 2 feet to the left at 130. Took me a while to figure it out, but was an easy fix, with your arrows "grouping" to the left I would bet it is your 2nd axis.

call or text if you want to talk more about it

Houston

edit Of course your 2nd axis could be off due to form but this close to the hunts it will be tough to completely change or adjust your form IMO.

• Like 1

Great groups @100 man! B)

• Like 1

That sure looks like a torque issue to me, but not a bad one at all for that little bit of drift at 100. Blind bale it!

^^^You said that like 3 times... And though I tend to agree with you...Torque is rarely consistent.

I would really double and triple check your 2nd axis...