Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

7W scouting trip

I went scouting for my elk hunt over the weekend in unit 7W. Saw more mule deer bucks than I did bull elk. Must be too early for them to be buggling, because I didn't hear any.

post-736-0-37674900-1471502814_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-39575300-1471502935_thumb.jpg

Mule deer buck

We were up in 7 last weekend, Same thing saw a bunch of deer only a few elk. On the same page as you thinking its a tad bit early. hopefully they start moving soon.

• Like 1

Trade ya. Saw 12 bucks this morning in sourthern az. One around 85 and another 105 +/- wish I had a tag. Was helping my brother in law. Can't wait 3 more weeks and be chasing some bugles

Saw 3 330-340 bulls in 7w and a few rags with a nice heard of cows. Big bulls were together still. As long as 1 cow holds still for my arrow is all i need.a few hunters but nothing like 8.

Have been in and around literally 100's of elk the last couple of weeks and have not heard a bugle. Not to worry, give them some time.

• Like 1

I hope the rain cuts back a bit and it keeps cooling off, should be a good hunt. Wish I was able to get up there and do some glassing. Sounds like a few nice bulls are popping up.

I have rifle cow tag for 7W. Won't be scouting this weekend to many people out cause of labor day. I love this unit. Nice elk.

• Like 2

I have rifle cow tag for 7W. Won't be scouting this weekend to many people out cause of labor day. I love this unit. Nice elk.

I refuse to go up for labor day anymore. Too much traffic and weekenders on the roads. The drive back is always terrible.

• Like 2