Sign in to follow this  
JustinB

Oh the lows

For 10 and 20 yard angle shots I read an article that helps out a bunch. Practice from the roof of your house. Most yards are at least 20 yards deep. If not, shoot from scaffold or a "little giant" ladder system for safety. When your in your stand for the actual hunt, range trees at various distances. One or two practice shots at the base of the tree during "off peak hours" is ok. Most importantly!! When a buck comes in, use a 22 mag pistol to drop his AS$!!!! Meat on the table.

• Like 1

Still at it. The one I missed last friday has not been back. Have had to force myself to pass on what I consider quality deer. Slept in on Tuesday... guess I shouldnt have as there was a new arrival. I have not seen or gotten any other pictures of this guy. Had 3 good deer but smaller come in today at 10:30

post-12676-0-12830000-1472181986_thumb.jpg

Think you have enough salt there ?

You can be undersalted, but you can never be oversalted! ;)

Good luck Justin! Keep at it, you'll get him. It's a game of hours, just gotta be there when he shows back up.

Are you taking a salt survey to see which color they prefer? My guess is white!

• Like 1

No. Actually have another hundred pounds in the truck. Found it in the middle of the road coming in?? I generally dump a few hundred pounds on a new site. Often it is gone ( in the ground)in a few months. Once its there its there for life. Feshen it up everyother year or so. Much less obvious when it has saturated the ground and it isnt blocks sitting there for aomeone to notice. I have salts that my kids will hunt ling after i am gone. Once the animals start digging it out it then also holds water.

• Like 2

Actually have another hundred pounds in the truck. Found it in the middle of the road coming in

should have pushed it off the road and left it for the original owner to find.