Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

Looks like I'm in the market for a new bow - RIP Tank, RIP my friend....

Looks like my bow, Tank, has shot his last deer. While fiddling around with him in the garage today & throwing some arrows through the chronograph, I drew back, heard the death moan (crack!) of my bottom limb and then the string went slack....

He was aged 7 years, 4 months and had taken 4 deer and one javelina. I'd estimate (conservatively) that I must've shot at least 20,000 arrows off this thing. Probably twice that many.... We've had a good run buddy. I'll miss you.....

post-1431-0-58492000-1472328563_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

LOL! No doubt.... And if that doesn't work, I have a costco size roll of duct tape around here some where and some zip ties.

I'm really surprised that limb dampener didn't hold it together.

On another note, if you're interested in a Bowtech D350 I'm letting mine go after archery Elk this year.

I'm really surprised that limb dampener didn't hold it together.

On another note, if you're interested in a Bowtech D350 I'm letting mine go after archery Elk this year.

appreciate the offer, but I just emailed diamond to see about a replacement set of limbs. There is a lifetime warranty on them for original owners, but being brilliant as I am, I never registered the dang thing so.... now I wait to see if I get a free set or if I have to pony up some cash for them. Regardless, I'm far too cheap loyal to let go of a bow I like this much over something as trivial as a broken limb.

In the meantime, I've got a couple brand new rests and some other sights up in the closet that I've been meaning to try out, so I'm going to set-up my back-up bow (another black ice) and start playing with that while I wait to hear back from Diamond.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

• Like 2

I'm sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I appreciate that bud. Losing a good piece of equipment is hard to swallow.

I'm hopeful that I'll find a set of donor limbs and the transplant will go well. In the meantime, all I can do is wait and pray.

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen to a bow tech of mine. I had the same thing happen to my bowtech d350. I never registered mine either and they replaced the limbs, cams and string for me all under warranty. Bull basin did it all for me though. They made all the calls and talked to bow tech so maybe that's why they hooked me up but bowtech(diamond) customer service is top notch usually.

• Like 1

Just thought about this, but you don't store your bow in the garage or in your vehicle do you? I've seen D350 limbs delaminate and crack due to heat.

Just thought about this, but you don't store your bow in the garage or in your vehicle do you? I've seen D350 limbs delaminate and crack due to heat.

No sir, I had a very spendy pse mach12 delaminate in my car years ago. My bows are all in my closet in the master bedroom.

I honestly think these are just shot out. Ive never owned a bow this long before and if you do the math at a minimum of 50 shots per week (which sonunds low to me) x 7.5 years its around 20000 shots. And like I said, I think that number is very conservative. When I first bought that thing, I shot every day, minimum of 20 shots per day. I honestly think those limbs probably had more than 40k shots off of them. That bow just had its 6th string put on. Its seen some use.

Now its time to test bowtechs customer service. :D