Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

What suspension's on yer Tacoma

You got the same kit I was looking at. Are you getting them pre assembled? What setting you putting them at? Post pics when your done.

I'm gonna assembly them myself at the 2nd setting for the 3ish" lift. But if you get them preassembled you get a new upper rubber and plate for the 100 bucks, not a bad deal. I'm gonna do it myself so I can get just enough lift to to fit the next size tire. Honestly I would not want to raise or change factory ride height. If I could put a flat bed on it and cut the front fenders to add tire height and keep a low center of gravity I would. But I need the bed, for now.

Fixing cars for a living sometimes (..most times) makes you neglect you own. I just hate doing my own stuff to my own after doing it for everyone else all day long. But this is enjoyable. Working with new clean parts and since I've found a lot more wrong that I anticipated I'm just doing the complete suspension, a starter, hoses, belt, throwing a battery in it for good measure. A pic of the before suspension that started it and a pic of the after that's almost done. Just waiting on parts.

post-670-0-14811600-1474507634_thumb.jpg

post-670-0-44629700-1474507664_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hopefully i have some time before i have any suspension issues. I just overpaid for a TRD Pro for the wifey.

I'll be interested in your experience with those Uni-ball UCA's. Doesn't take much dirt to get them squeaking good but if you find a way to prevent it please pass along.

Just got the new factory lowers in the mail on Thursday. The whole front suspension is new and done now I'm just waiting on the rear. The uca's are really nice! I'm sure they'll squeak eventually there's dry lube you can use but I'll pry live with the noise when it starts. Alignment went good but there's no way to get caster to spec with those arms.

• Like 1

I ordered the bilsteins lift with toy tec springs. Adjustable from 1.5"-3" in the front and a 2" add a leaf in the rear. Now I'm waiting on a call back from the Toyota dealer about the recall/TSB on the rear springs. I haven't been told what the actual fix is? If it's new springs then I asked if they'd put my add a leaf back on. They'll call me back lol.

The rear leaf TSB is an adda leaf and better shocks. Lol
do they have to break and bust the gas tank before you can get them? Tucson Toyota dealers are bad with sharing info dealer to dealer. I'm still working with the letter that says my springs break and break my tank then spark on the asphalt and kill everyone!! Or something like that lol. Waiting on the "fix" letter to come in, or a call back. What ever happens first.

I love those letters!

**Stop driving immediately and achedule your first come 1st served 3 month out appt and oh ya were not gonna compensate you for not being able to drive that truck we charged you WAY too much for.**

I ordered the bilsteins lift with toy tec springs. Adjustable from 1.5"-3" in the front and a 2" add a leaf in the rear. Now I'm waiting on a call back from the Toyota dealer about the recall/TSB on the rear springs. I haven't been told what the actual fix is? If it's new springs then I asked if they'd put my add a leaf back on. They'll call me back lol.

The rear leaf TSB is an adda leaf and better shocks. Lol
do they have to break and bust the gas tank before you can get them? Tucson Toyota dealers are bad with sharing info dealer to dealer. I'm still working with the letter that says my springs break and break my tank then spark on the asphalt and kill everyone!! Or something like that lol. Waiting on the "fix" letter to come in, or a call back. What ever happens first.
I love those letters!

**Stop driving immediately and achedule your first come 1st served 3 month out appt and oh ya were not gonna compensate you for not being able to drive that truck we charged you WAY too much for.**

drivin mine til it breaks! I look like a 19 yr old "bro" goin down the road with the rear end at stock height but I only got 3-4 weeks left til it level like a grown ups truck!
  • Like 1