desertsheep

Dall Ram Down

video didn't work for me. But great pics Jason, love it. Reminds me of my trip to Alaska last year (not a hunting trip, but saw some of the great scenery and sheep and bears).

Amanda

So that is what dream hunts look like? ;) Amazing pictures man! What is the elevation up there? What do you mean about the stone hunts getting out of control, are they stupid expensive?

Some of the bigger stone sheep outfitters are getting around $35,000.00. The elevation is what really surprised me up there. We camped at 4500 ft.

Here is some video I took with my digital camera. Sorry it's not that great.th_Dallshepphunt2007218.jpg

th_Dallshepphunt2007224.jpg

Yup it is rough...... The mountains I was hunting were very jagged, because it was better for bow hunting (which didn't work out for me :rolleyes: :( <_< ). I hunted with Nahanni Butte Outfitters(Lancasters), a great bunch of people to be around....they treat you like family. The mountains there destroyed a brand new pair of boots in one trip... and I took one pretty bad fall. If you were side hilling you could almost always rest your hand on the mountain for support and you knew that one slip meant a 100 plus yard tumble, as you followed 4"-6" wide sheep trails. Walking the tops was the best.... but, you can't skyline yourself very often when sheep hunting. I loved it! You have some Great pics and memories, Jason! I wish that I had used my camera more on my hunt..... I do have some pics that I will share sometime.

Keep me in mind when you start your reaserch for booking the stone sheep.... don't know if I'll be ready, but it would be nice to get some more info. I would look into a horse back hunt for sure..... there will still be plenty of climbing to do anyhow.

CnS

I know you guys are probaly getting bored of this topic but here are a few more picture's. The first one is the helicopter they flew us in on and the second is the one they picked me up in and flew me back to base camp.Dallshepphunt2007034.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007195.jpg

When the hunt was over they sent in a float plane to pick us up. That was awesome to watch him land & take off.

Dallsheephunt2007009.jpg

Dallsheephunt2007010.jpg

Dallsheephunt2007012.jpg

Dallsheephunt2007015.jpg

Dallsheephunt2007020.jpg