desertsheep

Dall Ram Down

Just returned from the NWT where I was able to take the second ram towards my slam. While I was there I was lucky enough to tag a mountain caribou as well.

Here are a couple of picture's of each. I'll add some other picture's of scenery and other thing's as we go .

The ram is 36'' by 13.5. He's broomed back about 4'' on his right side. I passed this ram on the first day at 40 yds the again at 212 yds after he spooked. We decided to keep looking for that 40'' Dall but it didnt happen. On day 4 the rain and fog set in and I spent the next 4 days in a tent. I did take my caribou on the 5th day in the fog.

Dallshepphunt2007164.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007176.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007149.jpg

Here is the caribou that I was lucky enough to take. He not a giant but I'm happy.

Dallshepphunt2007072.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007082.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007078.jpg

Here is a few picture's of the fog that we had to deal with. I shot my caribou from the two little tree's you can see in the first picture on the bench in the back ground.

Dallshepphunt2007086.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007083-1.jpg

Yea Griz I'm guilty by assocation. Greg and I have been hunting and guiding together for that 4-5 years. The leg has gone from bad to worst. But I think he will do alot better now that he is in the states and a good doctor can look after him. How do you know the famous bronc rider.

Here are a few other picture's I was able to take. On the first day I was flown in I had just got all my gear put away in to my mansion and I was getting excited to glass for some sheep. Something caught my eye and it was a wolverine on top of a dead ram. It wasnt until two days later that I was able to get up there and take a look. By then the wolf's, wolverine and the raven's and cleaned it up.

Dallshepphunt2007061.jpg

Here is a picture of a wolf through my spotting scope.

Dallshepphunt2007106.jpg

Here is where we stayed for ten days. And the pick up head.

Dallshepphunt2007095.jpg

I have known Greg about 10 years. He has done work for us from time to time when we build cell sites.

Sounds like he will be laid up for awhile. It's a shame because of the elk tag he has.

But most important is the fact that he will eventually mend and hunt again.

Congrats, Jason! Nice ram! Guess I better kick it in the rear..... you just caught me!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh, and congrats on the Boo, too! ;)