sczoner and firstcoueswas80;

Something must have gone wrong with the e-mails I sent over the weekend.

Just sent you both new e-mails today.

couesdiehard

sczoner;

I understand that the road doesn't go very far back into that 2nd area that's why I was interested. What did you think of that country?

couesdiehard

couesdiehard,

We didn't get very far off of Ruby Rd on our trip, but in ways I like the idea that the road doesn't go too far back.

I like the country on that side. Seems to be good variation from Oaks and such to Ocotillo depending on where you go.

sczoner,

Exactly, what I was thinking last year when we were camped off the Ruby Rd about 2 miles north of there. Sitting through 3 days of hard rain thinking I have to go check that country out. Just never got there last year. A couple of my buddies did but they got drenched and our experience has been that when it rains hard those ghosts hold tight.

Funny that reminded me of how we stood around a campfire one night in our raingear as it poured down on us. We realized that we had discovered the bottomless beer can as we watched rain pour off our hats into the cans refilling them as fast as we could drink them. Man I can't wait to get back down there.

Talk to you later,

couesdiehard

Poppin' my cherry on this board...my son and I have the Dec. hunt (he's my good luck charm...got that and 7m elk this year). Any tradtional spots to look during the rut? BTW...leave us couple, not big, maybe 105-110 :blink:

not big 105-110???? i would give my left nut for me to shoot a 110 and my right one for my dad to shoot a 105, with them standin side by side

casey

we'll be there two. we have 3 dec 36b tag. should be a great hunt remember scout,glass,scout, glass some more. the deer wont be far from were you find them. the old saying goes how much time you put into it is what you get out of it. you dont want to be scouting the day before the opener.. mike

My oldest boy shot around a 97-98 incher there last year in the december hunt.

And I drew another december whitetail tag this year. We glassed up bucks all day long.

God, you can`t be those swarovskis, my 16x70 fujinons do really well to.

JOhnny Hiller hicap40@comcast.net got pics too

Doesn't look like I'm goingt o get anymore scouting in before the Nov hunt. I'll be down a few days early and fit some in then.

Hopefully all the October hunters can offer some insight after they've filled their tag

Did get some scouting in on sunday in 36B, I scouted a new area and saw 1 spike 1 wide heavy antlered 2 point and a couple of doe and 6 javelina also went out to lobo tank and found no water in the tank.