Sign in to follow this  
Jrodphx

Anyone do video enhancing?

So I have a couple copy's of video (poor quality) of the crook(s) that broke in my dads home. Does anyone do or know anyone that does video enhancing? Pm me

The detective can't tamper with the video.. I was told I can do it on my own...

Then every cop drama has lied to me

Haha I hope this has the sarcasm dripping from it like I read it.

I don't know of anywhere you could send it for enhancement. Probably could find a program online where you could do it yourself.

How about a news outlet? or Security firm? They may be able to help.

• Like 1

Depending on what you are trying to enhance there's not much that can be done to improve footage from a low quality source under most circumstances. Pretty much the only thing that can be enhanced that will noticeably improve the quality of the footage is correcting for exposure and a bit of color correction. You won't be able to zoom in on the original footage and get a clear usable clip unless the original is already clear in-focus high quality footage and even then if it's not a high bit-rate source like 4K or 1080 there's not much zooming in that can be done with degrading the footage. Still worth a shot but as mentioned earlier make sure you make a copy of the original footage before trying to edit it.

• Like 1