Coach

Got my buck

Sounds like we had about the same strategy. We had scouted some nice goats on the west side but with all the traffic out there we elected to hunt another goat in a more secluded spot. we never did turn him up so We ended up on the west side after all. It was a ZOO over there, absolute guess on where those scouted bucks got pushed to. Emily could only hunt opening day so we all went home for the week. We came back up Friday and a friend glassed up a nice buck that evening, close to where your buck had been hanging out. We met Emily and her dad Russ early AM on saturday, had my buddy glass the buck up and get us in close, maybe too close. One shot at 68yards is all she needed

Congrats again on the goat!!

attachicon.gifIMG_0052.JPG

Awesome job getting Emily on a fantastic buck! Talking with Russ back in town, sounds like they were ready for a long shot - 68 yards, that's impressive! Huge congrats on putting them on that beautiful buck.

I was right on the intersection of 305 and 340, just NW of Red Butte. Big old water tank there, not far from the old air field.

We were off the 347 road. Everywhere that we scouted before season must have been where almost everybody else did also. We took a nasty two track that was puddles of water most the way and found a buck that was away from everyone so it worked out for us opening morning.

Awesome! Congrats on getting it done. It was tough with all that pressure out there. I'd love to see photos of the buck you guys got. I saw a pretty good one up there off the 347 up the Rain Tank wash, but I didn't figure him to be over mid 70's. Where I found him sounds like maybe the same area. Super muddy 2 track that goes through a basin, then back on top where you can look back in toward Anita station.

Great writeup of an awesome hunt, congratulations!