kd300wsm

First one in the book

So with dad having to work on fri garrett had to miss opening day. His brother having a youth football game he didn't get a chance to hunt on Saturday neather. So sunday morning garrett his dad david and I headed out in search of a buck to fill his first big game tag. Get to our glassing spot just as big red is starting to let light in to the sky. We glassed and glassed and glassed to find none of the bucks I had been watching. So we went back to bikes to glass higher. Set at bikes and glass the higher stuff with nothing. It was around 830 we were heading to another glassing spot head around the corner and david says stop. There they were 204 yards. Try to get garrett on them he can't find them in the scope. I set up phone scope on my 15s to show him were the bucks are. I got were they are garrett says and back to the scope. The 2 bigger bucks look back at us and be line straight for the top of the ridge with smaller bucks in toe. We head around the back side to try and pick them up. Getting glasses set up when david says I got them. We watch them for about a hour mill around filling there belly getting ready for a nap. AL 5 bucks lay down. It's game time david stays be hind to watch we head for the top of the hill to were we want to shoot from. 40 min later we crest over the top. Big buck stands up show garrett in the phone scope he crawls in to the gun. Told him 216 alright kev I got him bust him then. Boom garret you hit high kid shoot again bucks get together line up and are fixing to head out. Hey kev witch one? shoot the 1st or 2nd buck both are shooters boom second buck drops. High 5s all the way around and yelling trough the radio it was all over his first big game animal down. We head to him get to him and garrett can't even talk studdering like crazy. Told him that's what it's all about that's why we do this good shooting kid. We bone him out and head back to the ranger.set my pack full of meat in the ranger he sets his in there as well. Looks at me and says how hard is to get that head off there and put it on my quad? Easy kid take head off pack strap it on his bike so he can admire it all the way home.post-4727-0-90194000-1476338471_thumb.pngpost-4727-0-55708900-1476338666_thumb.pngpost-4727-0-90194000-1476338471_thumb.pngpost-4727-0-55220900-1476338705_thumb.pngpost-4727-0-47726900-1476338739_thumb.png

• Like 11

So awesome congrats guys

Great buck! Congrats Garrett!