Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Hornady ELD-X and jump

How far are you guys loading the X's off the lands? I am .0015 off right now and they are a little erratic. I have one load that is stringing left to right touching. I think I have to just decrease the OA to tighten them up. These bullets sure are long. These are loaded at 2.975 sitting next to a loaded .243 at 2.81. David

post-561-0-02018600-1477787553_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-51244600-1477787575_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-68157100-1477787603_thumb.jpg

I never measured my eld-m on my 300 win mag. Just to the length of my magazine for a reaper. But I had to shorten the OAL for a better grouping

Free bump!!! The ELDs are still pretty new so not everyone is shooting them right now. But would like to see this thread keep going

I got a few boxes of precision hunter from hornady for 6.5 creedmoor and they measure .130 off the lands of my rifle and they shot 1/2 moa.

I've only messed with the 200 gr & 212 gr from a 300 rum, but I've done pretty well with a .005 jump. I've gotten both down to 1/2 moa. I've found that you need a A-Max stem for the seating die to keep from deforming the bullet, and to get consistent seating depth.