Azlongears

Grong's Bull

He who is without sin may cast the first stone.

You asked for it. How quickly we forget.

Remember that time I was guiding those guys in 33 on a rifle coues hunt and we heard this guy shoot TEN times! Turns out it was you!

I videoed you missing your first coues deer with a bow at 25 yards.

Remember you hit and lost two bulls on your unit 8 hunt in the mid 90's.

I know there must have been some other misses I forgot about.

You said yourself your form is so bad you can't shoot fixed blade broadheads.

Like I said you don't want me to get started on your shooting skills. ;)

I'm not saying I'm any better :( but you took the first shot at me in this thread.

One thing I know for sure is that Janice (my wife) is a better shot with a gun than both of us. She has three big animals and all were dumped with one shot.

I didn't know we were talking about "rifle" hunting since this thread was about my archery bull there Greybeard.

I NEVER claimed to be a good rifle shot, nor a good archery shot. But, I shall defend myself........

Back in the days of shooting barebow I did acquire a few 1st and 2nd place trophies and I know I blew most of you guys away, that were using sights, at the summer 3-D shoots. I know you can attest to that cause you were there.

As you may or may not remember, and as the video shall attest, the first buck I ever shot at (while you were watching) ducked at the sound of my bow going off, therefore missing him. Seems as if that happened to you on the same tank the year before only you stuck that one in the spine and he got away from us. My memory recalls the same dang thing happening in the same area about 2-3 yrs ago and you lost that buck as well. Maybe the deer in that area are just to jumpy and you need to go somewhere else as I have. I don't really consider ducking deer as bad archery skills either.

I'll give you one of those bulls in 8 but the 2nd one jumped the string, had he not I would've just celebrated my 2nd bowkill.

Tell us the whole story about your latest bowkill and your awesome "shooting skills".

I'm just bustin chops here. I bet most people on this site have similar stories of ducking deer etc......

Oh, Shortpants, I never saw the bull before other than the day prior when he had over 20 cows. A STUPID moronic lamebrained POS guy chased them in his truck then jumped out and started blowing his elk call at them and chased them clear the F out of the country! I WAS PO'D to say the least and stomped over and exchanged a few words with the guy. He was so completely stupid that he referred to the elk as "bucks". He also said to bad they're not in season right now. I responded then why the F do you think I'm carrying my bow you dillhole!?!?!?!?! Oh man I was ticked!! He didn't even have a tag he was just being an butt-jack. Ruined my morning hunt but luckily the bull showed up about a mile away the next morning and that's when I stalked him up in a draw. I got lucky and saw them before they saw me. The two cows he had walked past me at maybe 10 yards and he slowly followed. He went behind a tree and that's when I stood and drew at the same time. He heard me the arrow go across the drop-away rest and looked my way, shoulder hid behind the tree still of course. He only looked at me for about 3-5 seconds and stepped out, that's when I hammered him. The hit was high cause I thought he was around 20 yards out but he was only 12-13 yards. Still, I ended up punching thru his spleen and he was suckin wind and drowning in his own blood in a matter of about 10 seconds. He ran over the ridgetop and piled up about 20 seconds or so later.

So there you have it, nothing terribly exciting like I called the bull in and he came in screaming and tearing up the trees. That woulda been cool but the first week of the hunt was fairly rutless as most hunters can tell you. I never had trail cameras up either, to busy pumpin the good stuff out of porta-jons to scout. Wish I could've more but I'm WAY happy with my bull and have no regrets.

Hey Josh,

Take it easy. Like I said I never claimed to be a better shot than you. You started this when you called me a "doofus" and said I should go back to rifle hunting because I missed a shot. That wasn't very nice. :P

I fully admitted to making a bad shot on my bull this year but it turned out to be better than it looked and I did what it took to recover that bull. Next year I'm going back to longbows I think. Too many gadgets and thinking go into the wheelbow. :blink:

Seriously man, I'm honestly sorry if my comments messed up your "vibe" on this thread but as any kid would say, "You started it." And that's enough of this "shooting skills" BS... Just enjoy your success. Congrats again. I still think your bull is absolutely beautiful. :wub:

cjd

I don't have any hard feelings at all Chris, I was just funnin like you were. Bustin each other's chops is what it's all about.

Now now boys-

Anytime Grong or Redbeard would like shooting lessons with your bow, you guys just give me a yell and we'll set somthing up.

As far as a rifle shot goes? I've never shot one, so you're on your own on that one :P

I can personally vouch for the fact that Andy is a great shot with his longbow. Of course your big bull didn't prove that. 6 yards...gimme a break. Just stab it with the arrow next time. ;)

And yes Josh used to beat some of us shooting a barebow Oneida at the 3-D's.

You know I can do it if I disengage the brain. Remember that bobcat I smoked that time with the longbow? :P

Hey all, I sure appreciate all your comments about my first bull. I'm sure happy with him. If anyone comes across a decent cape, keep me in mind please cause I need one for sure. I plan on having him on the wall one of these days.

Thanks again,

Josh