SlikRick02

What Shooting/Ballistics Apps do you prefer best?

sounds like the AB Ballistics is the better app and only costs a minimal amount more....

here is a question. on a second focal plane scope, does the magnification of the scope affect the point of impact. Example if I sight my gun in at 200 yds and shoot 700 on a 15 or 18 power, should I expect the same point of impact.

I have a SFP scope - my FFP is not affected by power

In for answers we were just talking about this at work. I thought it doesn't make any difference??

It's not a simple answer. In a SFP scope that is functioning properly and has had the parallax correctly adjusted, there should not be a shif in POI. Does that help muddy the waters?

• Like 1

sounds like the AB Ballistics is the better app and only costs a minimal amount more....

here is a question. on a second focal plane scope, does the magnification of the scope affect the point of impact. Example if I sight my gun in at 200 yds and shoot 700 on a 15 or 18 power, should I expect the same point of impact.

I have a SFP scope - my FFP is not affected by power

In for answers we were just talking about this at work. I thought it doesn't make any difference??

It's not a simple answer. In a SFP scope that is functioning properly and has had the parallax correctly adjusted, there should not be a shif in POI. Does that help muddy the waters?

thats kinda the impression that i was under

No effect on POI when you are using crosshairs in a SFP. It only effects bullet drop sub-tensions and windage dash marks, (whatever they may be: MOA/MIL/custom) Parallax can and does affect FFP and SFP.

I am almost certain it make no difference, only on BDC type reticles it makes a difference......

Wait you work? LOL

• Like 1

I am almost certain it make no difference, only on BDC type reticles it makes a difference......

Wait you work? LOL

lol, you could call it that.

I like the "East" Mesa in your location. we keep it real out here.