Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

New CouesWhitetail.com tshirts are in!

Hi All,

Just got a shipment of new shirts in with a design by Mike Fabritz (aka Rembrant in the forum). He did a rendering of Clay Goldman's buck which Clay got in unit 23 (mike correct me if I am wrong on that). The buck grossed 154 5/8 and nets 148 6/8. Mike says this buck even had about 10 inches broken off it!!! Wow, great buck and very nice design Mike. Thanks to Clay and Mike for allowing use of this design for a CW.com tshirt. I am hoping we can get some kind of series going for tshirts with some of the top ranking bucks from AZ.

Anyway, check out the shirts: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/tshirts.htm

Hope you like them. I think they look really good!

Amanda

They do look good.

Too bad you don't have a tube top in lavender and mauve for Lark.

:P

Yep, at least 10" broke off. Yep, unit 23, though I believe it was the last known deer to have lived there, so there's really no use in going there to find any left over genes. That darn Clay, he coulda at least left the last known deer in the unit.

Amanda wants to put more giant bucks on T-shirts. Anybody know anyone with a high ranking buck well enough to ask permission for its use on a T-shirt? Let's get 'er done.

Mike

I know a guy, goes by the name of Firstcoueswas80... hes gonna kill a 122" typical 4x4 this year... I think I can talk him into letting us use his buck!

Casey..... you know smokin' that stuff is bad for you...... you need to quit 'cause yer gettin' dilusional!

Those shirts are awesome! I will buy some before my deer hunts this year and make sure to have em' on for the pic's! (then maybe I can win the photo contest) :P Great job Rembrant! JIM>

Thanks Coosefan,

I appreciate that. I have been a bit concerned about the lack of posts on this string, thinking that may equate to not many shirts being sold. I don't know if Amanda is turning many shirts or not.

The shirts aren't about me, they're about Amanda making money to help this great site that we all love.

Besides that, the Goldman buck is just simply awesome!

If anybody has a friend who has killed a ranked buck, please talk to him about gettin the buck on a t-shirt. A series of giant Coues Bucks on shirts is the idea, and a financial help to this site.

I bought a handful of these shirts and handed them out to friends - They love em.

Mike

Thanks Coosefan,

I appreciate that. I have been a bit concerned about the lack of posts on this string, thinking that may equate to not many shirts being sold. I don't know if Amanda is turning many shirts or not.

The shirts aren't about me, they're about Amanda making money to help this great site that we all love.

Besides that, the Goldman buck is just simply awesome!

If anybody has a friend who has killed a ranked buck, please talk to him about gettin the buck on a t-shirt. A series of giant Coues Bucks on shirts is the idea, and a financial help to this site.

I bought a handful of these shirts and handed them out to friends - They love em.

Mike

Thank you mike for the great shirt the art work and the deer are incredible I thank every one on this site need one.Js :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P

I am trying to find any info about the Goldman buck!!! i saw it in the how to hunt coues deer book! i would love to see some better pix, as well some sort of story!!

Casey,

I asked Clay if he could give us some more pics and a story. he said he never wrote up a story on that buck, but he might just get to it and pass it on to us. I hope he does!

Amanda

I hope he does too.

I have two rolls of pics that Clay let me shoot of that buck, but they are for my reference and not mine to share on the internet. The pic of that buck in the Arizona Record Book does not do it justice, because it is shot at an angle that does not show the tremendous palmation. The ink drawings on the t-shirt show off the palmation: The skull on the front of the shirt gives somewhat of a top view, and the 'live' deer on the back of the shirt has his nose purposely stuck up in the air to show the palmation from the underside. This buck scored a net 148.6 NT, and a 155+ Gross, with a major portion of a big tine on the right side and a major portion of the palmated left beam broken off. Clay thinks at least 10" was lost. I think that estimation is conservative.

The King buck scores 159.0 net NT. If all of the Goldman buck's antlers were in place, it could be bigger than the King buck - without having a double main beam on one side.

Also the inside spread of Clay's buck measures 18.5" which is wider than any of the top 10 bucks in either the non-typical, or typical catagories. An absolute giant!

Mike

I hope he does too.

I have two rolls of pics that Clay let me shoot of that buck, but they are for my reference and not mine to share on the internet. The pic of that buck in the Arizona Record Book does not do it justice, because it is shot at an angle that does not show the tremendous palmation. The ink drawings on the t-shirt show off the palmation: The skull on the front of the shirt gives somewhat of a top view, and the 'live' deer on the back of the shirt has his nose purposely stuck up in the air to show the palmation from the underside. This buck scored a net 148.6 NT, and a 155+ Gross, with a major portion of a big tine on the right side and a major portion of the palmated left beam broken off. Clay thinks at least 10" was lost. I think that estimation is conservative.

The King buck scores 159.0 net NT. If all of the Goldman buck's antlers were in place, it could be bigger than the King buck - without having a double main beam on one side.

Also the inside spread of Clay's buck measures 18.5" which is wider than any of the top 10 bucks in either the non-typical, or typical catagories. An absolute giant!

Mike

Nice shirts to all and mike for the artistry!

I saw the shirts in person today. Amanda's husband Paul came and picked up a heart and liver. The shirt looked sharp. I will be ordering at least 2... Amanda, you are welcome for the heart and liver. Hope you enjoy it.

I saw the shirts in person today. Amanda's husband Paul came and picked up a heart and liver. The shirt looked sharp. I will be ordering at least 2... Amanda, you are welcome for the heart and liver. Hope you enjoy it.

Thx so much! Hope you enjoy the shirts. He had the shortsleeve on, but the longsleeve are very nice also!

Amanda