Hoss50

Hunting with muzzle brake?

Honestly, I don't use hearing protection while hunting. I should, but I'm around jet engines all day long. If you do it right, you should only take one shot.

Definately NOT the way to go about using a brake. I refuse to shoot without hearing protection. My left ear is so damaged its caused more fights with my wife then I care to admit. Im ignoring her, I'm ignoring the kids "you heard what I said" etc etc etc.

This ^^^^^

Protect your hearing. Did not use it most of my life. Paying the price now. Tinnitus, etc.

• Like 2

Ear pro is a must with or without a break! The ringing after the shot was stupid 20 years ago. Now the ringing is permanent day and night. During shooting practice I use plugs and muffs.

We just keep a pair of plugs on a string in our pocket and a pair in a small pouch clipped to a zipper on my pack so I always know where it is.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't use hearing protection while hunting. I should, but I'm around jet engines all day long. If you do it right, you should only take one shot.

Definately NOT the way to go about using a brake. I refuse to shoot without hearing protection. My left ear is so damaged its caused more fights with my wife then I care to admit. Im ignoring her, I'm ignoring the kids "you heard what I said" etc etc etc.

What he said☝.

I'm not sure I used hearing protection much till military service but after viewing year after year of safety videos about hearing loss I am a real believer in using it. As I type this I sit hear with tinitus so bad it often makes me want to flat out jump off a dang cliff. Some from a 243 going off in truck at 10yrs old but it's real bad now due to a botched medical procedure 20 months ago. Trust me you do not want the noise I hear! I must sleep with tv on and bathroom time requires fan or if no fan must run water the ringing is that loud.

Protect your ears and the ears around you PLEASE

• Like 2

With tinnitus ....... silence is deafening. Imagine August cicadas at all times. I say "huh" way too much. Grinders, lawnmowers, anything

even remotely loud, wear hearing protection. Be consistent, it will pay off big time later in life.

• Like 1