Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

crossbow for wife

The Barnett Ghost 410 will be your cheapest/most powerful and smooth shooting bow.

However if you want to save $$$ order a Centerpoint Sniper 370. Every bit as good just a little less powerful. They are usually on backorder but well worth the wait. invest in a bunch of lumenoks as well. You're gonna need them.

the sniper 370 on special this week at Cabelas - most any brand will work - but if your looking for something for your wife - shop around - let her shoot one don't just go buy one .

mission is the only way to go for a Lady - check them out and shoot at archery shop in deer valley .

they are lighter /smaller which will make it even better for her shoulders - they are a lot quieter too -

most others are cumberson pigs - but guys don't care !

some will have a crank attachment so she can cock it herself otherwise make sure that's possible if your not with her

except to pay 700- 800 but well worth it . I own a Barnett 350 and an excaliper - got super deals and my b-laws both have missions . had I had the extra $$$ I'd of gone with the lighter crossbow - makes a big difference after a day in the field

mission 320 I think - the hype of 350 - 440 ft per second really means nothin

Since it is for the wife the price is not an issue. I would gladly spend top dollar to get her back in the field with me. Of course, if a very good one could be had for less......lol

I appreciate the feedback so far. The internet is full of information but first hand knowledge from local guys is ALWAYS better.

Any of the local shops carry an assortment? I just checked Timber Mesa and they do not.

honestly, your best bet would be basspro/cabelas. i know their employees, especially in the archery department, have next to zero knowledge on anything but they at least of a fair selection of crossbows. once you settle on one, i would look at the crossbow classifieds on archerytalk. a lot of people treat crossbows like compounds, buying a new one every year and selling their year-old basically new one for about half the price of new

best bet is to call around and ask what they have - give all the archery shops a call

i'd pass on cabelas or basspro personally

Been there done that. The local archery shops (which i support fpr all my archery needs) don't really even carry crossbows. You are luxky if they have one or two models. 99% of the time i pass on cabelas and basspro, but if a guy needs to put his hands on a bunch of different crossbows at one place, they are your best bet.

• Like 1

pm if you want more info. I personal own the ones i mentioned and shot a bunch before I purchased. I feel crossbows are like binos. There are hundreds of brands but only a few you wont be annoyed you spent your money on later down the road.

• Like 1

Have any of you applied for a crossbow permit with azgfd? Did you have take your application to them or just mail it in? I can't seem to find that answer on their website.

In office, they will give you paperwork etc. They don't mail that out.

Have any of you applied for a crossbow permit with azgfd? Did you have take your application to them or just mail it in? I can't seem to find that answer on their website.

In office, they will give you paperwork etc. They don't mail that out.

But the form is online at the link I provided, so you can fill it out and get it signed by your doc before going in to AZGFD office.

Thanks guys. I already have the form filled out by the Doc, just wasn't sure what to do with it. Like bigorange said, the website implies what to do, but doesn't really give good directions. I will take her down there and get it finished.

stop by 1115 w deervalley and let her shoot a mission crossbow at Arizona Archery Club and pro shop . the little 320 is perfect for her in my opinion.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the help. We were out looking at some crossbows while in Utah and she pulled the trigger on a Mission Dagger. It fit her perfect as she is very short. I was shocked and very pleased when she said she wanted to buy It right then and there. Didn't have to tell me twice. lol

Now we just need to get her an elk tag.....