Sign in to follow this  
matthewp45

420" Bull

A real good friend of mine that I hunt with killed this bull on 10-1-07 on the White Mountain Rez. He has been skunked in the AZ draw for over 12 years and been to New Mexico a few times to kill a few small bulls. I guess he has a lot of work to top this bull. It scored 420 4/8". Congrats to an awesome bull. I wasn't there but I loaded the bullet that killed him. I guess that will bee as close as I can get to killing a bull this big. A bull of 100 lifetimes.

GaryElk.jpg

monster.....i believe the score...look at the tine length and main beams! congrats to your friend!

He had 58 and 59" main beams. His net score is 399". Huge mass as well. It is cool just to see elk that big I think. I have never seen one close to that with my own eyes.

awesome bull how much are the tags on the res now

WHOPPER of a bull. The rez has some fantastic gianormous elk! That is one of them! SUPER MASS!

2 Types of Elk hunts up there (guided and non-guided)

http://wmatoutdoors.org/new%20non-member%2...ng%20page.shtml

GUIDED WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE ELK HUNT

$16,000.00 PLUS $3,000.00 TROPHY FEE

AzP&Y

Yep, they are very expensive. If I had that kind of money I would probably do it with my bow.

Which side was your friend on. A friend of mine was on the east side, maverick camp (I think), and only saw a couple of shootable bulls and the camp he was in the biggest bull was like 384.

I believe he was on the Maverick side. The second biggest bull was 407. Maybe it was a different week.