Sign in to follow this  
dunns7

Hunters ed bonus point

Does anyone have any ideas or tricks to get scheduled for a bonus point class? I periodically check azgf but the classes are almost always full. I don't anticipate getting one before the elk draw but it would sure be nice to get on a schedule. I am a non res so that is a factor as well but I do make it through Phoenix every now and then and would certainly set up a trip to get that point.

Thank you

You just gotta do the class online and then work hard and dig around to find a range day class.

My son and I did the online class around late Oct\early Nov. After we both passed the test, I checked the site everyday (like 3-6x a day) to see if they opened up a new class. I got lucky to get 2 seats (there were only 3 left when I saw it) at Ben Avery for 1/7...this was around early Dec. We both passed and now we're good to go.

Will have to do this again in a couple years with my younger son. Just keep checking everyday and you should get one.

I took mine online and just kept trying to get into one of the field day classes. If you're willing to go to any location you should be able to get into one pretty quickly...then fly in to Tucson or Phoenix and drive to wherever.