Sign in to follow this  
125coues

A question to all who support wildlife groups

I realize lately a lot of wildlife organizations have been doing a ton of raffles that are mainly guns and optics.

as the president of the NWTF EAST VALLEY TOMS I have also been doing a few so here is the question and it could have been asked already,

What is the one thing you would like to see in a raffle?

Please remember that a lot of groups have limited funds to buy high end items.

I would really appreciate some input on my question from all of you.

Thanks,

Mark

The East Valley TOMS will be having a banquet at Bass Pro Shops this March 4th and if you would like info on coming please PM me and I will get you that info.

Guns, optics, guided lion hunt, High end coolers, higher end bows. One thing I look at is the odds of winning. Some organizations will sell 500 tickets at 10$ a piece and the prize is a $500 gun. I personally do not buy tickets for those low odds raffles. There are other organizations who put on many different raffles and only try to profit maybe 100% more than what the item actually costs. This usually translates into higher odds of winning and their raffles selling out in a couple of days instead of weeks. So I think having 4 raffles in one month with higher odds and less profit margin per raffle is a much better option than 1 raffle a month with a 800% profit margin.

• Like 3

I think rifles, muzzleloaders and bows. I'm left handed so I would like to see options. Options would be like this- "Remington Rifle Raffle" if you win, you pick the rifle. If you're left handed, you get the left hand version. I know some of the people that donate the rifles to the orgs let people to this. Some even let you pick the caliber. Options like this would be real nice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great answer to my question and PLEASE keep them coming.

HuntHarder we are trying to keep the amount of tickets sold to 100 or less so the odds of winning are better.

Thanks again.

Saquaro when we purchase a item for a raffle we buy it from a store that you can exchange it for a gift card and get you a totally different item or a different caliber at the same cost as the item originally won it the raffle,so if you want a different caliber or a left handed rifle or bow you can but you pay for any higher cost yourself.

When we have something given to us to raffle it is what it is.

Thanks again.

Mark

I would agree with Hunt Harder. The odds need to be reasonable. If they aren't reasonable, no way I am buying.

How about a raffle for a life time AZ hunt & fish license? $500- $1000 gift cards to Cabelas, sportsmans warehouse or even Amazon. Out of state hunts or in state lion & bear hunts.

I rarely buy gun raffles as I have more guns than I need already as I rarely hunt with a gun anymore.

I have bought optics & Quality Cooler raffle tickets in the past even though I already have good glass and don't need anything else. I guess it depends on the mood I am in at the time. I imagine right now would be a great time to hold a raffle because everyone is feeling optimistic about the up coming elk/antelope draw.

Good Luck

Guns, optics, guided lion hunt, High end coolers, higher end bows. One thing I look at is the odds of winning. Some organizations will sell 500 tickets at 10$ a piece and the prize is a $500 gun. I personally do not buy tickets for those low odds raffles. There are other organizations who put on many different raffles and only try to profit maybe 100% more than what the item actually costs. This usually translates into higher odds of winning and their raffles selling out in a couple of days instead of weeks. So I think having 4 raffles in one month with higher odds and less profit margin per raffle is a much better option than 1 raffle a month with a 800% profit margin.

This exactly.