I guess you can wait until someone else posts him on this site, hmmmm, I don't think i would like that and I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't want that ethier, as for me I would be just as proud to have my kid take the deer as if it were myself doin the shootin, to me I have hunted with my nephews since they were old enough to walk in the hills and its been a fun ride watching them develop into great hunters and anglers, my last elk hunt my oldest nephew was there with me to see me make a kill and it felt pretty darn good, remember one thing, they don't stay young forever and think of the memories that you will have,I say go get him, and have fun and if it don't happen well I guess you can say you had fun trying! Good Luck.

Mike -

Have the boy smoke em and if he happens to trip over your foot or something just before he sets up to shoot

then that TOAD will hopefully be there for you. ;)

:rolleyes: :lol:

Take your boy in there and shoot that buck!!!! Chances are he'll be somewhere close in January if your boy misses. Besides, my son is 18 months. And in 10 years, when he starts hunting, I'd rather him shoot a buck like that long before me!!! Even if it IS his first deer.

This has been said before in this thread, but I would let the boy have a chance at him. You'll feel just as much or more accomplishment from that than if you killed him yourself. Plus even if your boy misses, you'll have your chance come January. You'll kick yourself if you keep that buck from your son, first deer or not. IMO.

Nice Buck for sure. I would say to give your boy the first crack at him. Make sure you vaccinate him for buck fever before you head out. Seeing him at night is one thing but finding him in the day is another.

The lessons you teach your son would be many, and if he never takes this deer, you will teach him why it is called "hunting" and not called "killing".

You could take a nice one either way if he misses.

Nice Buck for sure. I would say to give your boy the first crack at him. Make sure you vaccinate him for buck fever before you head out. Seeing him at night is one thing but finding him in the day is another.

The lessons you teach your son would be many, and if he never takes this deer, you will teach him why it is called "hunting" and not called "killing".

You could take a nice one either way if he misses.

Well said! I only hope no matter how it goes, he still loves the experience!

jimmya

it is great to see all the stand up guys. putting there kids first! :rolleyes: I have told him, he gets to say "when " what ever buck we find and he wants to shoot, then he will shoot, if it is a spike or "top hat" the big buck. that is his decision. thanks for the help. this is a buck of a lifetime. I know many guys that go to mexico and dream of finding a buck of this caliber.

You have to let him shoot it now... In 5 years he is going to read this thread and if YOU stick that buck you are screwed.. HE will never let you forget it... :)

jason