firstcoueswas80

Evening Javelina areas

I shot a boar mounted at 12 yards years back. Gave him plenty of time for some fun first then game over.

Now that's a way to go out! B)

Casey congrats to the wife.

As far as morn/eve so many many factors here.

When it's a drought year pigs usually end up in washes because that is where the water is underground and green trees and cacti are there. A year like this hunt, anything goes! Water everywhere, green everywhere pigs don't have to travel as much or as far as a drought year. Heck some areas have no prickly pear so pigs eat only barrel cactus and they root a bunch in those areas which means high on mountain, low in washes, and in between. I personally prefer mountain pigs as it's easier to pattern them and find beds, caves etc. Flat ground pigs travel too dang much! Flat grounders are either like quail hunting where you flush them or spot from Mile away and Than try and sneak up on Than.

Find a good heard and just learn their routines and find their homes and you and your family will harvest from same herd year after year, unless you show a friend of course. 😬

Casey congrats to the wife.

As far as morn/eve so many many factors here.

When it's a drought year pigs usually end up in washes because that is where the water is underground and green trees and cacti are there. A year like this hunt, anything goes! Water everywhere, green everywhere pigs don't have to travel as much or as far as a drought year. Heck some areas have no prickly pear so pigs eat only barrel cactus and they root a bunch in those areas which means high on mountain, low in washes, and in between. I personally prefer mountain pigs as it's easier to pattern them and find beds, caves etc. Flat ground pigs travel too dang much! Flat grounders are either like quail hunting where you flush them or spot from Mile away and Than try and sneak up on Than.

Find a good heard and just learn their routines and find their homes and you and your family will harvest from same herd year after year, unless you show a friend of course. 😬

Killed a GIANT boar the evening of the first day I could hunt in a canyon we've now killed 9 pigs from.

• Like 2

Congrats on the successful hunt ! That was a big pig!

I'm no expert but over the years I have come to the conclusion that sunny hillsides early morning and late evening are the most productive because the season is in the cooler weather. :)

TJ