Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

finally took down the tree

little full, lotta sap

Also: You serious, Clark?

Charlie Brown would be proud. When I was single I had one that sat on my back porch for a few months. All the pine needles stayed on the tree but were bright orange. That sucker would have gone up in flames in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Just curious, how much time did you spend cleaning up pine needles? Maybe you should just save the tree and use it again next year now that it is mess proof.

• Like 1

It's "sorta" real.

We left the tree up a LOOOONG time this year. When we went to take off the ornaments the needles just fell off in huge swaths. The tree looked completely green and alive. Since we hadn't touched it in awhile non had fallen off before hand.

We literally could shake it and watch it strip itself. We did put a few ornaments back on the tree for effect because I thought it would make a funny picture.

Ironically, it was the least messy tree we ever had. I always put a big painters tarp underneath when we put the tree up. When it is time to take it down we just roll out the tarp and go. For this one we just shook it until nothing was left and then clipped all the branches off with pruning shears. The almost 10 foot tree broke down to a grocery bag of needles and a small bundle of sticks about 2x2. It was pretty funny.

Hey Griswald, where are you going to put a tree that big?

Bend over and I'll show you

• Like 1