Sign in to follow this  
Couesnut

Muleys in 36A

Any good spots to start looking for muleys for my sons Jr. hunt. We have some good Wt. spots but he might want something new. Will be scouting & quail hunting the next few wks.

Thanks DH

Maybe ask the BP agents what they have seen crossing the Sasabe highway at night.

Should I Change Seth's name to muleynutjr on the coues contest registration?

Doug~RR

Good clue Doug! ;) Look within 1/2 mile of any highway that surrounds the unit....

Seriously though, Gabe (AZ G&F WM for 36A) should be sending out a letter to the youngsters anouncing this year's Youth Camp during the Jr. hunt. I'll be there with my boy for the hunt. We'll be looking for a muley as well (for some reason my boy likes the 'big' horns on those things....... :blink: ).

Good luck!

S.

:)

Good clue Doug! ;) Look within 1/2 mile of any highway that surrounds the unit....

Seriously though, Gabe (AZ G&F WM for 36A) should be sending out a letter to the youngsters anouncing this year's Youth Camp during the Jr. hunt. I'll be there with my boy for the hunt. We'll be looking for a muley as well (for some reason my boy likes the 'big' horns on those things....... :blink: ).

Good luck!

S.

:)

He has some big horns from his elk tell him to go for the coues!

Also there are so many mulies in that unit if you can find a high point to glass the rolling hills and flats you will find alot of deer.

One place you might want to do some looking is in the North east corner of 36A. I spend a couple days a week out and have been seeing some nice Muley's almost each time out. I have the Nov. Whitetail hunt in 36A so I out looking also starting to do a lot of predator calling as well in that unit. So if you see a older black Suburban say hello.

AzTrapper