SuthrnGent

Hunt cancelled-bummer.

Guess i'mm just feelin a bit low just now...not that that is so strange! :( Been wanting to hunt the "little deer: since i could read an old copy of Jack O Connors book in school...25 years ago. Found myself in Arizona for work and actually drawn for 36B October hunt second year I tried. Scouted, played down there, family went along for fun sometimes and now hard to decide against going. Last minute obligations force work etc and if i decided to hunt anyway I probably wouldn't enjoy it much so guess I'll just pass.(on a lifetime oportunity for me? See, still not convinced lol) :o Now..I understand that tag is simply wasted now--if I'm wrong someone let me know! please.

If you don't go at all.....then your tag IS wasted. If I were you, I would go, even if I only had 1 hour to hunt I would still go!!! The last time I had a 36B tag I was in your position. I had only one day to hunt and I really couldn't even do that, but I did. I went by myself the night before opening day, followed the parade of trucks into the hills before daylight, then hiked past all those same guys and soon found myself sitting in a glassing spot just as it got light. I remembered at that moment that I almost didn't go on this hunt thinkin' it wasn't worth it, and I realized that just sittin' behind my glasses in Coues country with a tag in my pocket, even if it were for only an hour, it was all worth it! I ended up glassing, stalking, killing, and packing out a nice buck that day and was home by dinner time! ;) Tags are only getting harder to come by......use em' when you can! JIM>

I feel for ya. I missed half my elk hunt this year because my GF rolled her car. Nothing less than that would have kept me out of the mountains, though....

It took me 4 years to get an elk tag; could find another job in a day or two....

I'm with Jim, go even if it's a half day! It's gorgeous down there right now, the weather should be around 75 deg.

How far of a drive is it for you?

36b.................

lastphotos066.jpg

36b................

lastphotos070.jpg

36b.................

diablo022.jpg

and last but not least.........36b......

lastphotos067.jpg

you wanna go yet? I got more :rolleyes:

Donate your tag to HOAL if you don't go. You'll make some kid and his parents happy.

Dang AZP.Horns................. You need to scare that buck and push him East about 30 miles or so! Please! JIM>

Send me an email so i can see if i look like you so i can use your tag. :lol: :P This is my first year in my life with no tag an i do not know what to do. Guess i should have kept my guide lic so atleast i would be out hunting. Maybe even for the well known mullins crew would have put me to work. WILL HUNT JUST TO HUNT. (sighn hung around neck standing on the side of I 10 towords southern AZ.

If you don't go at all.....then your tag IS wasted. If I were you, I would go, even if I only had 1 hour to hunt I would still go!!! The last time I had a 36B tag I was in your position. I had only one day to hunt and I really couldn't even do that, but I did. I went by myself the night before opening day, followed the parade of trucks into the hills before daylight, then hiked past all those same guys and soon found myself sitting in a glassing spot just as it got light. I remembered at that moment that I almost didn't go on this hunt thinkin' it wasn't worth it, and I realized that just sittin' behind my glasses in Coues country with a tag in my pocket, even if it were for only an hour, it was all worth it! I ended up glassing, stalking, killing, and packing out a nice buck that day and was home by dinner time! ;) Tags are only getting harder to come by......use em' when you can! JIM>

+1, I agree with Jim.

packhorse, that's a dang nice deer.

Send me an email so i can see if i look like you so i can use your tag. :lol: :P This is my first year in my life with no tag an i do not know what to do. Guess i should have kept my guide lic so atleast i would be out hunting. Maybe even for the well known mullins crew would have put me to work. WILL HUNT JUST TO HUNT. (sighn hung around neck standing on the side of I 10 towords southern AZ.

Anytime Jade ;)

So what's the verdict Mr. Gent? Ya gonna be able to make it? If so, best of luck to ya......if not, then be watchin' for my story and photos....I'll take ya along on my hunt as soon as I get the story posted a week from tomorrow ;)

Hey Coosefan..and all you others that WILL make it out there this week..Have a great time and stay safe. I am disapointed that I can't go but maybe someone else will on my tag yet. I contacted HOAL and am in process of trying to get my tag to them at laaast minute. I'd drive it to their office if it would keep it from being wasted.the pics of those bucks are great stuff too. (Keeps the fever high tho, need more tylenol.) And there is more than work keeping me out of the feild, My parents in law are flying in from China where they have lived for last 3 years, and my wife (Who happened to "need a lil space" for the last 5 months is wanting me there?) Most of all is my kids. My 11 year old son helped with early scouting..called every time he couldn't go along with me for a full report etc. I maintain that hunting is GREAT therapy and a man feels closer to God out there than in the rat race where some of us work but finally responsibility wins out on this one! You guys have a good time.. :P I may be set back for now but by god I aint dead yet! I'll be back...sometime!

PS. Going to be eagerly awaiting that story of how the big one was taken...(OR got away wonder if it'll be wind wrong/scope foggy/too many illegals/border patrolchopper?? ;) )

Hey Coosefan..and all you others that WILL make it out there this week..Have a great time and stay safe. I am disapointed that I can't go but maybe someone else will on my tag yet. I contacted HOAL and am in process of trying to get my tag to them at laaast minute. I'd drive it to their office if it would keep it from being wasted.the pics of those bucks are great stuff too. (Keeps the fever high tho, need more tylenol.) And there is more than work keeping me out of the feild, My parents in law are flying in from China where they have lived for last 3 years, and my wife (Who happened to "need a lil space" for the last 5 months is wanting me there?) Most of all is my kids. My 11 year old son helped with early scouting..called every time he couldn't go along with me for a full report etc. I maintain that hunting is GREAT therapy and a man feels closer to God out there than in the rat race where some of us work but finally responsibility wins out on this one! You guys have a good time.. :P I may be set back for now but by god I aint dead yet! I'll be back...sometime!

PS. Going to be eagerly awaiting that story of how the big one was taken...(OR got away wonder if it'll be wind wrong/scope foggy/too many illegals/border patrolchopper?? ;) )

Priorities-

1- God

2- Family

3- Hunting

You've got them all in the right order.

Sgent,

Unfortunate to hear you couldn't go down south and wrangle up some time in Coues country. That is therapy for most (at least on this site). Hope you get the opportunity real soon and that life affords you the time in the very near future. If you archery hunt, you can hunt that same ground you scouted recently in less than 60 days. Oh, and it will be some of the most pristine weather of the year. Good luck to you.

I'll be chasin' aberts squirrels this weekend, my consolation prize for not drawing a Dec coues tag.

AzP&Y

Ps. these pic are from 36b - God's country- plus a few mexicans :ph34r: :lol:

post-898-1193282151_thumb.jpg

post-898-1193282219_thumb.jpg