Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Count your AZ blessings!!!

I am confused. The decoys look like sandhill cranes but the dead birds look like canadiens. Am I just seeing them wrong? Are they all flying ribeyes?

You are right on. We just used crane decoys that day but the field had a hodgepodge of 700-1000 cranes, 1500-2000 Canada geese and a few thousand ducks in it the night before. We limited easily on cranes (3 each) and Canadas (8 each) (both lessers and greaters) and also killed our limit of pintails (2 each) that morning. It was a fun hunt with just me and my dad!

• Like 1

I agree... i'm from Minnesota and enjoy extreme cold over extreme heat any day! You can dress warm for the cold... you can only remove so much clothing and it's still sweltering hot!

• Like 1

Yotebuster:

Your bag on geese and ducks reminds me of Yuma in the late 1940s and early 1950s, when there still were big flights there. If I'm remembering correctly, the limit was five "dark species" geese per day. Cranes were protected, but I never saw one near Yuma.

Bill Quimby

Curtis , You ever heard of swimming pools ,cold beer or cold water. We don't have to put on snow tires or chains, we can move around easier we don't have to shovel snow. We don't have to plug in our vehicles or spend a half hour bundling up to go any where. .What I allways told the boneheads in N.dakota when we argued this issue was ok , there are 6 million people in AZ. an 600,000 in N. Dakota. Now You tell me who has more common scense. AZ has a bigger populalation than about 6 states up in cold country put together. heck I allways said if you can't take the heat go home. Most stay.Iworked outside in AZ. for 35 year and will take it any day over -60.And the women down here wear less clothes too. You ever notice.Go to the freezer section inSafeway in Carefree. I would allways see My buddies there. And there was allways proud women showing off.Grow apair and handle the Heat or go home. I play golf in 110 to 115 all the time. No problen. Can't do that up there. Kids play year rounds Baseball and Soccer Here. Can't do that up there, but you can put $800 worth of warm clothing on. LOL.TO each his own. look at statistics.....BOB! I

Edited by naturebob

Curtis , You ever heard of swimming pools ,cold beer or cold water. We don't have to put on snow tires or chains, we can move around easier we don't have to shovel snow. We don't have to plug in our vehicles or spend a half hour bundling up to go any where. .What I allways told the boneheads in N.dakota when we argued this issue was ok , there are 6 million people in AZ. an 600,000 in N. Dakota. Now You tell me who has more common scense. AZ has a bigger populalation than about 6 states up in cold country put together. heck I allways said if you can't take the heat go home. Most stay.Iworked outside in AZ. for 35 year and will take it any day over -60.And the women down here wear less clothes too. You ever notice.Go to the freezer section inSafeway in Carefree. I would allways see My buddies there. And there was allways proud women showing off.Grow apair and handle the Heat or go home. I play golf in 110 to 115 all the time. No problen. Can't do that up there. Kids play year rounds Baseball and Soccer Here. Can't do that up there, but you can put $800 worth of warm clothing on. LOL.TO each his own. look at statistics.....BOB! I

I disagree with this theory, and here's why! There's 38 million people in Cullifornia..... not to much common sense over there!!! I did have an old man from ND tell me something once that was probably pretty true. He said "a bird has a brain the size of a pea and he's smart enough to leave ND for the winter."

I don't need the cold Cutis. The heat is better for Your bones and joints and body as well. I'm not attacking You personally Curtis ,I know you a good Guy, Ive just always told people that of My 40 years here if you don't like it go home. Same goes for Cold weather places if you don't like it leave. Thats what I did in N. Dakota. I left. I grew up on Lake Erie and hated it. thats why I left when I was young. Not as cold as upper midwest but more Snow and lots of wind too..BOB! .

To heck with that. I did a year in northern Montana. -30 was cold enough for me to realize I had no business being up there!

I'm in Texas now (home state) and about to move back to Arizona for good.

The humidity level is brutal out here. 14 years in Az cured me of ever living in humidity again.

I'll take dry heat over just about anything.

• Like 1

To heck with that. I did a year in northern Montana. -30 was cold enough for me to realize I had no business being up there!

I'm in Texas now (home state) and about to move back to Arizona for good.

The humidity level is brutal out here. 14 years in Az cured me of ever living in humidity again.

I'll take dry heat over just about anything.

Lived in the Philippines for 2 years.. Thats all the humidity i needed... THe kind of humidity where youd take a shower, dry off, get dressed, walk out side and youd be wetter then you were in the shower.. lol