Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Buffalo .... get archery hunts!

Someone enlighten me... Why can't the Grand Canyon Park make provisions for a temporary archery hunt to thin this buffalo herd problem?

Probably because the National Park service is run by a bunch of hippies.

Now is a good time to submit comments on their proposal. 23 days left to hopefully change their direction. AZGFD, both Senators, most of our Representatives, all the conservation groups, and every sportsman and woman vehemently oppose their assessment but apparently they are beholden solely to minority special interest groups. Think Theodore Roosevelt would approve of their wasting of game animals in a park(monument) he created? Not a shining example of representation in government.

submit comments here

https://parkplanning.nps.gov/commentForm.cfm?documentID=79883

Because America's land isn't America's land, and they suck

Because some tofu smoker might see a buff with an arrow in its face.

Because it's illegal. Comment all you want, they will just dismiss it, says right on the comment page.

I am happy to hear that they will transplant a few down to the HR and re-establish a herd there.

• Like 1

Because it's illegal. Comment all you want, they will just dismiss it, says right on the comment page.

I am happy to hear that they will transplant a few down to the HR and re-establish a herd there.

This ^. It's a violation of federal law. In ND they killed off most of the elk in Theodore Roosevelt national park a few years back. They did use private hunters through a draw but they shot yearlings only and you couldn't touch them as they hired packers with horses to haul them out. I'm guessing this will go the same way. I'm hoping they fence off the water holes and haze them a bit first cuz I've got a tag in a couple weeks!!

• Like 1