kazpilot25

SW Colorado Family Camping Tips

Some of the ski resorts have cart slides during the summer months, a blast for the whole family. I believe there is one at Purgatory.

• Like 1

Some of the ski resorts have cart slides during the summer months, a blast for the whole family. I believe there is one at Purgatory.

We just got back from Durango. My in laws live there. We did the purgatory slides, chair rides, etc with my 5 year old. He loved it. It is a good time and across the road is a nice catch and release pond.

It is a great area, but an area west of town is on fire right now near Lightner creek.

Vallecito reservoir and lemon reservoir are both nice. You might check on camping at Lemon.

We just went up there, but didn't fish. I took my mountain bike to Phil's World in Cortez. Fun stuff. We also drove to Silverton for a day, and i would highly recommend Serious Texas Barbecue. Mostly we hung out with friends we have up there.

• Like 1

We just went up there, but didn't fish. I took my mountain bike to Phil's World in Cortez. Fun stuff. We also drove to Silverton for a day, and i would highly recommend Serious Texas Barbecue. Mostly we hung out with friends we have up there.

Serious Texas BBQ is a must. The southside location has an 18 hole mini-golf that is fun. I was up there for 4 days and we did BBQ and mini golf twice.

If you like Carhartt head into Ignacio and go to the trader store. They have a great selection.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to check out Hermosa Creek. Hopefully we'll get a halfway decent spot on the creek. Thanks for the BBQ tip, I'll definitely hit that up too.

I'm planning on hitting Phil's World tomorrow morning. Heading to Cortez tonight, Phil's World in the AM, then up to Durango/Hermosa Creek.

• Like 2

I think I'm going to check out Hermosa Creek. Hopefully we'll get a halfway decent spot on the creek. Thanks for the BBQ tip, I'll definitely hit that up too.

I'm planning on hitting Phil's World tomorrow morning. Heading to Cortez tonight, Phil's World in the AM, then up to Durango/Hermosa Creek.

Don't forget to hit the "Rib Cage."