Sign in to follow this  
Cell4soul

Hearing Protection

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll go with something similar to what Cliff uses. I can't justify spending the money on something like Soundgear....not yet anyways. Until all my glass is top tier and I have a custom rifle in all calibers from .264 to .338, I will go the inexpensive route on this. I shot my braked rifle for 2 rounds w/o hearing protection when I first picked it up in Wyoming, the ringing ears were enough to know I wont do it again......unless a deer or elk of a lifetime jumps out in front of me unexpectedly and there is no other choice.......heck, I don't like most sh!t I hear anyways.

• Like 1

Right on man. I usually buy mine on amazon. I just can't get along with muffs. I sweat too much and they hit the stock when I shoot.

I use foam ear plugs smashed and installed backwards the howard leight max are my best options.

I have recently recieved my tax stamps and have enjoyed every shot with suppressors installed no ear plugs required and very comfortable to shoot due to low recoil.

• Like 1

I have a pair of custom molded ear plugs that I had made about 15 years ago when I was at a Regional Shotgun Shoot up at Avery. There was a guy who had a setup and was making them.

I think it was about $25.

• Like 1