Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Off To Kill A Carp Deer!

Fantastic buck Tony! The photos are awesome as well! JIM>

Thanks, Jim. We had to do a lot of cleaning up with mine because it spewed lots of blood from the mouth. We also cut the tongue out. -TONY

Congratulations Tony! Neat to be able to go along on your hunt with you (through your posts and photos). And what a fine buck you got! I like the pic of you looking at the buck. Nice!

Amanda

Tony, if you need to get rid of any meat....

thats a nice buck for a trophy buck, yet alone a cull buck! congrats!

Well, if we ever get to reschedule the party at my place, venison summer sauage will probably be part of the finger -eating goodies. The gal who runs the meat processor here let me taste a slice of all three varieties and they were all great. I guess they should be at $3 per lb. in addition to the normal processing cost. :blink: -TONY

Here are a few more photos. -TONY

Another of Roger Bell's buck with guide Chanse Snow.

RogerB-Chanse1opt.jpg

The red arrow at the upper right was where Roger's buck was bedded. When he was hit, he got up, ran a few yards before going down and then started tumbling, stopping just short (where the other arrow is) of going off the steep cliff. That's Chanse standing to the left of the arrow.

RogerB-Chanse3opt.jpg

This is a wider view showing where the buck went down. Hard to see in the photo but Roger and Chanse are standing where the arrow points.

RogerB-Chanse4opt.jpg

Chanse and Roger dragging the buck down to where I had brought the truck. I had dropped them off about 1/2 mile away from the bedded buck, and they worked their way to within 160 yards to a ridge to the left of it. Once I heard the shot, I drove back to the spot where I took the photos of the cliffs.

RogerB-Chanse2opt.jpg

This is a photo taken of the ranch terrain from the area where I killed my buck. The snow-covered peaks off in the distance are within Rocky Mt. NP. All the brush is mountain mahogany.

terrain1opt.jpg