PSEHunter

What would you do? (hunting etiquette)

What would you guys do in this situation? I was up in 34A over the weekend and started out of my truck. I was about 30 yards from my car when another Ford came flying in, almost hit me and parked next to my car. They then bailed out there car and started running up the hill past me. They waved at me, laughed and then kept going up the hill. I have never been so pissed off in my life. There was only one canyon that could have been hunted the way I was going and they ran right past me. Please people, when you are hunting, show some etiquette and don't encroach on others when you clearly see them.

I would have watched them go waited until they were sufficiently far away and then kicked off all four valve stems and went somewhere else. I bet they wouldnt be laughing when they got back to four flat tires.

I would have watched them go waited until they were sufficiently far away and then kicked off all four valve stems and went somewhere else. I bet they wouldnt be laughing when they got back to four flat tires.

Trust me when I say it entered my mind.

I would have made sure my rifle was still sited in. Just set there pick a rock across the canyon and fire a full load of rounds through the rifle and then headed out to a new spot.

A couple years ago we had two bad run in with other hunters. IT IS GETTING WORSE. We had pulled up to a spot we hunted for years parked the quads on the out look point and sat on the ground on the other side of the quads to use them to break the wind and lean against while we glassed the ridges. A toyota truck pulls up about 30 minutes later and parks right next to the quads. they sat and talked about the area and how they would hunt it as they banged away in the truck and getting the gear ready. Than they took a pee or two and talked some more and then said well lets go look for another spot with no one in it.

Another trip the year before found two guys mad at my brotherinlaw and I and as we were on top of the hill they said they were going to glass.(we were already on it and could hear them talking about how we stole there spot). We glassed a couple deer and moved to close the distance to see what they were. We came back and found my quad pushed off the edge of the canyon. At least some trees stoped it before it went all the way down. We saw them leave there camp that morning to hunt, BUt when we came back there camp was cleared out and they were gone.

I would have hunted the same area utilizing those morons to your best advantage. Sounds to me like they would do a better job at spooking game than glassing any up.

Anymore its tough to find areas without hunting competition...might as well make the best of the situation.

Had almost the same thing happen Sat morning in 34A near Helvetia. Got there plenty before dark, pulled over off the road on my quad and hiked a mile or so to a nice high point between two canyons....a hour later 4 hunters dressed in blaze orange head to toe pulled over and parked next to my qued, jumped the fence in the same spot and headed straight to "my hill". Of couse about that time I glassed up a small 3X, about 600 yards away. The first buck I've seen the whole hunt. Why I dont know but a few seconds after glassing up that buck one of my tripod legs collapsed. I quickly fixed it but lost the buck. I stood up and was plainly seen by the approaching hunters, who prompltly sat down and started glassing the canyon wall I was....5 min later they glass up the buck and one of them heads straight up to it......after a few min, the buck sees whats up and runs...with the hunter blazing away.....of course at this point I was cheering on the deer. I didn't even get a chance to daydream about stalking that buck.....oh well...maybe tommorow. I have the rest of the week off and I sholdn't have much competition during the work week.

I say skip the October and November circus and put in for December hunts.

(or next best option- hunt during the week)... :ph34r:

QUALITY VS QUANTITY

AzP&Y

No do not put in for the december hunts.

No do not put in for the december hunts.

Don't worry about me putting in for December. I use that time to hunt with a bow.

Usually when that happens to me I somehow find myself in a better spot than before, maybe because you'll find yourself even futher off the beaten path? Don't worry, Karma will get those guys, what comes around goes around. ;) By the way, what did you do? Or is that classified :P

You can hardly blame other hunters for parking next to you or hunting on the same mountain as you. If they didn't they wouldn't be parking or hunting anywhere. All hunters are the ones to blame when we didn't stand up to the game and fish when they shoved this hunter opportunity down our throats.

Usually when that happens to me I somehow find myself in a better spot than before, maybe because you'll find yourself even futher off the beaten path? Don't worry, Karma will get those guys, what comes around goes around. ;) By the way, what did you do? Or is that classified :P

I kept on up the canyon about a mile past these yahoo's. Saw lots of deer that they pushed to me but all were does. The canyon was very narrow so you really could shoot from one side to the other. I went up one side after they passed me on the other.

this is my second post. it's an interesting topic. i grew up in the white mountains, and back then we could find places to hunt where we wouldn't really see other hunters. a few weeks ago i was out checking cameras in unit 32 and saw about 30 trucks on deer creek road. i left because i didn't want to disturb others hunts. i'm just curious how most of you feel, when i see hunters, or fisherman if it's that sport, my first inclination is one of frustration, and i wish them no luck and cuss my way along away from them. but then if i see were to see them at sportsman's or somewhere, i'd feel immense camaraderie. so it's an interesting dynamic of both communion and competition. and a shame the game and fish is creating this situation. less access, more hunters in the field, worse opportunity.

anyone else feel the same way?

a-men overcome and find a better spot I know that sucks just the name of the game anymore. Its almost like your not hunting just trying to avoid the crowds, then you can hunt, I know the feeling.

this is my second post. it's an interesting topic. i grew up in the white mountains, and back then we could find places to hunt where we wouldn't really see other hunters. a few weeks ago i was out checking cameras in unit 32 and saw about 30 trucks on deer creek road. i left because i didn't want to disturb others hunts. i'm just curious how most of you feel, when i see hunters, or fisherman if it's that sport, my first inclination is one of frustration, and i wish them no luck and cuss my way along away from them. but then if i see were to see them at sportsman's or somewhere, i'd feel immense camaraderie. so it's an interesting dynamic of both communion and competition. and a shame the game and fish is creating this situation. less access, more hunters in the field, worse opportunity.

anyone else feel the same way?

I feel the same way for the g&f for creating this situation. Quality is gone, now it tag sells how many they can get into one area.