Smith2260

WTB in reach satellite communicator

Looking to buy a used or new Garmin or Delorme "InReach" Satellite Communicator. I had a bad accident in remote country last fall and my wife is not too excited about the upcoming hunts without cell service. Thanks for looking.
Bobby
480-220-6501 call or text

Not in the same class, but I use a spot gen 3. Watch and you can find them on sale for $75 (plus yearly subscription). Not 2 way, but allows you to check in and send for help and emergency help.

Think so, supposedly it flashes red. Thankfully I have never had to use it. I have only sent check in messages, which flashes green. I have it set up to send tracking info every 30 mins, so my people can track me on the website as well.

Thanks! I did not know there was a green light on the Spot that lets you know it was sent. My wife likes the two way option with the Inreach.

Don't blame her. I initially picked it up for my sailboat, use it for hunting now too. Just wanted to drop the idea on you.

Still looking for an Inreach for sale. Either the Delorme or Garmin. I would rather buy from CWT than from Ebay. Thanks for looking.

i have the spot but i won't renew it this year, i had it for 8 or 9 years and it works fine but the price went up to almost $200.00 a year, i rather buy the in reach with gps mapping and text messaging and the yearly is not that much more expensive.

I have an in reach explorer I bought off a member here a few months ago. Used in on a hunting trip in Africa. Worked great. Let me know if your interested.