Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Has anyone shot a swhacker through mesh?

I've not shot Swhacker but have shot several style mechanical through mess without issue.

One thing for sure is the anti-mechanical crowd will swear a mechanical won't deploy on an animal but will when shot through mesh.

Lols

Dont do it. Is it worth the risk? To me its not. I've had them open up at mesh and miss a big Muley at about 10 yards. Never again. The odds are not in your favor to begin with when it comes to archery, why add another oppertunity for failure?

Dont do it. Is it worth the risk? To me its not. I've had them open up at mesh and miss a big Muley at about 10 yards. Never again. The odds are not in your favor to begin with when it comes to archery, why add another oppertunity for failure?

How did the swhacker open up

Practice at home, then you will no before that once and a life time shot. only my thoughts.

I wouldnt shoot any mechanical through mesh.

IMO- logically it doesn't make sense to shoot a mechanical through mesh

funny thing is theres plenty of people on archery talk that says its just fine and dandy

There are plenty of people on archery talk that have an IQ less than 90.

All I am saying is shooting something that is meant to open on contact through cloth mesh and then hoping it doesn't open is not logical.

I would also say there are various thickness / stiffness of mesh, the angle the arrow travels through and the integrity of the rubber band all play a factor if it would open- any one of these could be the determining factor.

How did the swhacker open up

Im not really sure how it happened. When i practiced through the mesh it worked well. Of course, it failed when it counted.