Just a lil warning for those of you who may be purchasing bullets in the near future...... PRICES ARE OUTRAGEOUS! Last night i was on my way home from my parents house in Globe, and decided to make a quick stop at the Sportsmans Warehouse in what would be my last chance to get supplies for my elk hunt this week end . I needed bullets for my 300 weatherby mag, and ended up also picking up a new pack. Well i made i there an hour before closing, checked out the packs, picked my favorite and headed to the bullets. I was in total shock to find that a box of federal 180 gr. 300 wthby mags were going for $64. thats only 20 rounds! they had 220 round nose for 40, but i was already sighted in for that load. So just beaware, and shop around if you have time. I unfortunately have to get a ton of school work, and do alot of studying for upcoming finals before the hunt and didnt have that chance. As i now sit here in the library at ASU, i see that the 5 minutes I spent writing this could have been used to make a trip to bass pro.... time management is what its all about!

Good Luck, and Be Safe.

Mark

If you had the time I'd recommend handloading, otherwise the only advice I can give is use a standard caliber such as 30-06, or .270 that will have a greater selection in the stores. Bummer on the $64 pricing, that is outrageous. :o

High priced ammo may be a good way to make you make every shot count. I bet you won't miss when you think about how much each round costs. Maybe that is what I need.

High priced ammo may be a good way to make you make every shot count. I bet you won't miss when you think about how much each round costs. Maybe that is what I need.

How do you practice at $3 per trigger squeeze?

Weatherby factory ammo has always been high priced, but that is unreal.

I've seen some of the Weatherby ammo go for up to $100 / box. :huh:

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/brows...ng=653***690***

If you had the time I'd recommend handloading, otherwise the only advice I can give is use a standard caliber such as 30-06, or .270 that will have a greater selection in the stores. Bummer on the $64 pricing, that is outrageous. :o

Another good reason to stick with the tried and true .270. Less than $15.00 a box at Wal-Mart. Jack

Even archery is expensive. There are blades that cost more than $3/ea. Which could put each shot with your bow close to $10 or more.

Man I wish my arrows and broadheads were that cheap! For one arrow with my broadhead it is running close to $20!!! Also I loaded up on ammo for my .280 last year when I found a good load for it and have 200 rounds sitting in the garage right now.

Just a lil warning for those of you who may be purchasing bullets in the near future...... PRICES ARE OUTRAGEOUS! Last night i was on my way home from my parents house in Globe, and decided to make a quick stop at the Sportsmans Warehouse in what would be my last chance to get supplies for my elk hunt this week end . I needed bullets for my 300 weatherby mag, and ended up also picking up a new pack. Well i made i there an hour before closing, checked out the packs, picked my favorite and headed to the bullets. I was in total shock to find that a box of federal 180 gr. 300 wthby mags were going for $64. thats only 20 rounds! they had 220 round nose for 40, but i was already sighted in for that load. So just beaware, and shop around if you have time. I unfortunately have to get a ton of school work, and do alot of studying for upcoming finals before the hunt and didnt have that chance. As i now sit here in the library at ASU, i see that the 5 minutes I spent writing this could have been used to make a trip to bass pro.... time management is what its all about!

Good Luck, and Be Safe.

Mark

I saw 3 boxes of Wby 300 mag brand 180 gr at cabelas last week. 27.00.... yes that is right!

That's pretty high even for Weatherby...ne glad you don't shoot a Lazzeroni. I pay $100/20 rounds! But I do make every shot count. I've had that gun on 3 hunts. 3 shots...3 kills. Best of luck!

Scott G.

PS- Go Sun Devils. Glad to see them turn it around. I'm an Alumn.... :)

Good Luck, and Be Safe.

Mark

I saw 3 boxes of Wby 300 mag brand 180 gr at cabelas last week. 27.00.... yes that is right!

That's pretty high even for Weatherby...ne glad you don't shoot a Lazzeroni. I pay $100/20 rounds! But I do make every shot count. I've had that gun on 3 hunts. 3 shots...3 kills. Best of luck!

Scott G.

Looks like im going to Cabelas!!!! and GO DEVILS!!!!!

Scott G.

Where do you buy a Lazzeroni? Do you order it direct, or are there distributors?