Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Small game hunting

Put a handful of sunflower seeds on top of your radiator cap, then wait till you see him peek over the top of your radiator, when he does, blast him a full choke, 00 buck, 12 ga. BOTH BARRELS!

No more packrat.

Your truck won't run anymore, but since it's a Ford, you won't be able to tell the difference.

Not a bad idea but I might hit my vanity plate.

At least it is a real Truck.

As I recall you drive a Toy. :wacko:

decon or d-con however its spelled, awesome stuff, keep away from dog though

We had the same problem with rats out at Saguaro NP East, we would park our vehicles for 2-3 weeks while we were away on fire assignments during the summer. The rats would move in under the hood and pull all of the insulation in the firewall out and build a nest on top of the engine, and spend their time after chewing the electrical wires.

The solution we came up with was to park in a walled yard with a fenced gate - can't kill the buggers on a National Park. However, the packrat in your engine is a 'symptom' of living in a desert area - the cure might be to put up a rat fence around your parking area.... Besides, that rat probably has family who will be coming looking for their missing Bro or Cuz

http://www.mrpackrat.net/rats_in_cars.htm

Tyson

Live trapping works to get the one that is in a particular spot, but once it is removed, another will move into the open habitat. So far I have removed 30 packrats from around the feed shed this year, and they keep coming. To effectively remove the problem, you have to remove the habitat...anything that will serve as cover and all packrat nests on your property.

Leaving the hood up works well too, we leave all the vehicle hoods up at work and have not had problems since.

If you need live traps, Sportsmansguide.com has the best prices on live traps. the packrat sized (5x5x10) are about $12.00 each. Just put some peanut butter inside where they have to step on the trigger to get to it. They are also fond of John Lyons Senior Horse pellets if you have horses.

When I got home yesterday it appeared that the little rat may have been gone.

Old Rockie was just glad to see me not caring about the truck like she did the day before.

Even while I was placing mothballs all around the truck she could care less.

Seems leaving the hood open really works.

Thanks everyone.

Mike

Now! where did he go? :unsure:

No one has the obvious solution! Get a cat.

We tried that one at work, brought in 4 of them...They hit the ground running and were never seen again. :lol:

LMFAO! :lol: :lol:

There's a couple more of those being "given away" on the drive out to my place if anyone is interested.

Put a handful of sunflower seeds on top of your radiator cap, then wait till you see him peek over the top of your radiator, when he does, blast him a full choke, 00 buck, 12 ga. BOTH BARRELS!

No more packrat.

Your truck won't run anymore, but since it's a Ford, you won't be able to tell the difference.

CaChow!