Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Canada

I was Blessed with a opportunity to bear hunt Canada and do some fishing just about every day. I had never caught Walleye before. I ate walleye at least 2x a day while there :) no big Like caught although 1 good pike did come in after hitting buddy's small walleye and was on right up till I grabbed camera to take picture. The small Pike that I'm posting a picture of we were driving through a channel and I had a rod hanging over the side of boat and the Lure was barely barely touching the water skipping on the water and this little bitty Pike attacked it and then was thumping the side of the boat I thought my buddy had hit a tree or a rock and then I pulled in this little fish LOL

Since my bear hunt was ongoing we never had opportunity to attack bush lakes for big Walleye.

post-2359-0-54380900-1507849544_thumb.jpg

post-2359-0-82215000-1507849587_thumb.jpg

post-2359-0-65419400-1507849654_thumb.jpg

post-2359-0-82820500-1507849849_thumb.jpg

post-2359-0-45641300-1507849891_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice, I really wanna do that someday. Especially the bear hunt. How'd that go?

I posted in bear section. I shot 1 and lost it. The fact that he was posturing with ears back coming toward my stand might have helped that a bit. :] buddy killed 1. 1 also raided our tuck.

All in all a fun trip and positively returning but probably with different outfitter

Toss a fly in any trickle of water in Canada, and you will catch a fish... Love the far north...

Oh I will be going back! :) not exactly in my budget but I figure with my health kinda sucky it makes more sense to drop all my hunt money for a years worth of hinting on 1 hunt like this and be healthier for family.com maybe 1 or 2 local small hints also. ;) loved Canada!

Btw saw 3 OR 4 MOOSE, 1 WOLF, TONS of GROUSE (2 types), SNOESHOE RABBITS, MULTIPLE RED FOX, DEER, many BALD EAGLES...

• Like 1

I miss fishing in Canada. Fresh walleye is the BEST! We're working on a family fishing trip to a friend's family cabin for next summer.

• Like 1

I miss fishing in Canada. Fresh walleye is the BEST! We're working on a family fishing trip to a friend's family cabin for next summer.

Walleye seems to go well with all other food! 👍 I took bison with and marinated some in the camp homemade blueberry wine and that was pretty stinkin good also! I actually really like pike minus all the bones so think I gained 10lbs that week.

• Like 1