Sign in to follow this  
lefty

san carlos whitetail

has anyone heard when the tags are going on sale? it's funny you call there , talk to two different people and get two different answers,they're really unorganized there aren't they?

Dude it is the same thing every year. They will have nine meetings and change it every meeting and then 5 days before it happens they will change it again. It is safe to say it wil be between Dec. 27th and Jan 4th. Wait until right before Christmas to call again. Talk to Angel she knows the real deal.

Matt is right, just keep calling. And I would try and get the info from more than one person, because like you said you get different answers from different people. The other idea is to pay a tribal guide to go there and stand in line and buy you a permit.

Hey, Matt, where is your sheep pic in your avatar from? Looks like he is coming out of a water catchment?

Amanda

That Ram is in 41W. If you look at one of his back legs it looks like he just jumped out of the catchment. I got it on one of my trail cameras a few years ago.

Last year I called the night before they were to go on sale to verify that it was still on. I was told by some maggot that they had posponed the sale untill the next day. I should have known it was B.S. I found out later that they went ahead and went on sale that day. Good luck finding out any credible info from them.

You can tell when their lying. "Their lips are moving"

Wow, are those typo's or is it really 30 grand for a trophy elk?

dude, 30 grand is just starting for a trohy elk tag, they got trophy fees on top of that, and I was told that the price goes way up for like every inch over 380"

Some of you guys are pretty hard on the game and fish. Ive hunted san carlos for many years now , ten to be exact and i have took 6 BC bucks. never have I had a conflict with the department. Yea I have had to waite in the lines for hours and yea I have not known when the tags go on sale or how much they are, but so what I love to hunt. I have also met some pretty good guys and had some great discussions in these lines. Its not the departments fault on these matters it is the board. If you dont want to go through the process then. dont complain about it,and calling anyone a maggot just shows me what kind of so called hunters some of you are jlhcoues

Man 6 bucks over 110 now that is impressive. I know a lot of the guides and have hunted there for about 7 years and the people up there are really good people. It is a different way of life and once you get use to it you appreciate it. Lets see some pics of these bucks.

Man 6 bucks over 110 now that is impressive. I know a lot of the guides and have hunted there for about 7 years and the people up there are really good people. It is a different way of life and once you get use to it you appreciate it. Lets see some pics of these bucks.

Im headed to the rez,when I get back Ill take a picture of my wall, and see what ya think. I hope I have another one to add to my collection, last years was 113, I was in the contest there should be some pictures in that thread. Then I think there is one or two in the photos of san carlos, one that went 109, barely missed. see ya in a couple weeks

jlhcoues