no worries

Sanding down a B&C medalist stock

I have a tan/black webbing medalist stock and it feels a little bulky around the pistol grip area. Guess I'm more used to a thinner factory style. Anyone ever sand on one ? Will it remain tan once the surface gets sanded down? I would prefer not to have the stock repainted but don't want it to look crappy either.

Thx Jim

I am pretty positive it turns a dark gray or blackish color. I have sanded down the barrel channnel on mine and that is the color underneath the paint.

I'm not sure about the exterior surface near the grip, but I have sanded a couple B&C stocks in the barrel channel and if you go deep enough it will go to a very coarse layer of fiberglass. One of the stocks that I sanded was a brown w/ black web and the brown color was only on the surface and black underneath, (but again this was only in the barrel channel.)

Thanks guys for the answers. I'm leaning towards just adapting to the wider feeling grip.

If you feel you have to sand it down and it is porous put a layer of JB Weld over the sanded surface then finish sand it and paint.