Sign in to follow this  
eastvalleyjerry

Suggestions on Rangefinders

The Leupold 1200 TBR works very well out to 900 yards or so. My Leica 1200 works to about 1200 yards but doesn't have inclination or a ballistic app.

I got to compare 2 new Sig 2000's against a new Leica 2000b several times in the field recently. One of the Sig's would read farther than the Leica and the the Leica would read farther than the other Sig. The most consistent long distance I got from the Sig on trees was right at 2000 yds, the Leica 1950+yds and the other Sig 1850 yds or so (it struggled more that the other 2 to get this though...I'd sent it back).

My conclusion: The Sig is simply amazing for the price and it is faster than the Leica. The Leica has far better glass, temperature and absolute barometric pressure. I like and bought the Leica.

I love my Leica 1600B. Small, lightweight, fast, very accurate. I have ranged game and rocks out past 1800 with them. Ranges within 1 yard of the G7 out to 1600+.

I do not use the ballistic info from it though. I get temp, look angle, baro pressure and range, and input into Shooter on my phone for 1st round hits a long ways out.

• Like 1