Sign in to follow this  
Chris

How's the Swarovski BTX ?

They are pretty sweet. I spent quite a bit of time behind it sheep hunting. Its a great blend between binos and spotters but in my opinion wont replace either. I was glassing with my 12s for most of the morning and had a hill that was just too far away to get a good look at. My uncle made his way over to me mid morning and i put the btx on the tripod and started to glass the hill. Took about 5 min and I had two rams and ewe bedded on a rock. For long range acquisition its great but I still ended up getting the spotter out once I located them. With the 1.7x magnifyer it might replace the spotter but not for now....

• Like 1

I still have to glass with my 12s and get the BTX out to size up animals it's handy only if your glassing a long ways out but for me it's mostly used just to size up animals once i find them with my 12s takes some getting used to and yes I think I would use it more if it were straight I do have the 1.7 magnifier on mine with both 65 & 95. In my opinion I never could just sit and glass with my spotting scope and the only difference to me is just makes it easier to use vs a single eye piece you don't get the eye strain

They are pretty sweet. I spent quite a bit of time behind it sheep hunting. Its a great blend between binos and spotters but in my opinion wont replace either. I was glassing with my 12s for most of the morning and had a hill that was just too far away to get a good look at. My uncle made his way over to me mid morning and i put the btx on the tripod and started to glass the hill. Took about 5 min and I had two rams and ewe bedded on a rock. For long range acquisition its great but I still ended up getting the spotter out once I located them. With the 1.7x magnifyer it might replace the spotter but not for now....

twigsnapper is right. They won't replace either my 12's or my spotter. They are very specialized but they are simply amazing when you need them; like during that mid-morning when things slow down and you want to pick things apart at 1 - 2 plus miles.

Friends laugh when I set up my 95 and my BTX on a dual mount....but it works for me.