AZBull

Rebarreling a rifle

Thanks for all the info. Looks like Ill be going with Craigs custom rifles out of Tucson. When its all finished up Ill post up pics.

post-13344-0-30321000-1514585409.jpg

Remington 700 BDL before build.

post-13344-0-82022100-1514585456_thumb.jpg

post-13344-0-13727600-1514585489_thumb.jpg

After the build

Still got a couple things i want to do but its just about done!!

That looks good. Mine should be similar. I bought the bottom metal kit so Ill have a 5 and 10 round detachable magazine. And Ill also be going with a ss barrel with a blued action.

That looks good. Mine should be similar. I bought the bottom metal kit so Ill have a 5 and 10 round detachable magazine. And Ill also be going with a ss barrel with a blued action.

I have the bottom metal kit with 5 round mag. my action and stock will be getting hydro dipped and bolt will be sent in to get fluted..

I have the bottom metal kit with 5 round mag. my action and stock will be getting hydro dipped and bolt will be sent in to get fluted..

I think LRI is still running a 40% off on bolt fluting until sometime in January.

This is the old rifle. I got a new barrel and a lot of other things done to it. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but hopefully next weekend Ill get around to it.

post-14541-0-51310600-1532917605_thumb.jpg

post-14541-0-96106700-1532917643_thumb.jpg

post-14541-0-21160900-1532917772_thumb.jpg

I have some 212gr ELD-x that I am planning on loading up if anyone has recipes for it. I have H1000 and H4831 on hand and I will probably pick up some Retumbo before next weekend.

Better to go ahead and true everything up while they have it apart.

Plus new recoil lug, bed the stock, time and chamber the barrel, crown, etc.

Too bad the gunsmith that built my .25-06AI isn't around any more. He would spin a new barrel on without truing the receiver for you....of course, you would still have to PAY for him to true it, he just would not do the work.

Without truing the action, you would save about $250-350. But it does help.

Model-70s don't have recoil lugs that can be replace they are integral to the action. Truing up action is a good idea though.