Sign in to follow this  
Beaton

870 express shotguns.

Anyone had shells stick? I called remington and they sent me a barrel. Didn't fix it. Now it won't cycle. Sending the gun back. It's a year old. Bought it for my son. Was an 870 guy. I'll never buy another new one. My old one from the 80's is flawless

I had a 16ga 870 express about 15 years ago that did the same thing. They had me send it back and polished the chamber. It helped, but still needed to break in.

Shells are sticking in the chamber? The extractor is now cheap metal injection molded on newer guns (at least 2013 and on bc I had a buddy with the same problem). You can buy solid steel extractors.

Is it with a particular shell or all types?

I have an 870 express from the earlier 2000s that my dad won at a DU banquet, after I got out of the service(2010) he sent it to me. I used it for several duck hunting seasons and the shells would stick in it. I tore it down and cleaned it as best as I could but sometimes it would still stick. Especially if I used the 15 dollar federal shells, seemed to work better with the 20 dollar hevi steel. I did buy a remington versmax sportsman this year for 530 with the 100 rebate. best deal ever haha wife didnt understand though