matthewp45

December Coues Buck!

Well, my good huntin buddy Brian Johnson got the buck of a life time on opening day. We had glassed in a different area opening morning to find a ton of does but no good bucks. We decided to go to a place we scouted earlier in Nov. After about 15 minutes of glassing I picked up a deer about a mile away. He was a small buck about 80" and Brian and I watched him for a minute until he went over the ridge. We split up to each glass some different country. About 20 minutes had passed when I looked back to where the buck had gone over the ridge. There were three bucks standing on top of the ridge now. One of them stood out like a sore thumb. I turned the spotting scope up on him an immediately new he was a shooter. I got Brian back over to take a look and like always happens to me he went over the ridge as Brian walked up. I assured him he was a shooter and we were off to try and get him. It took about 4 hours to stalk up to a ridge where we thought we could see him. When we got up there Brian spotted the two point that was with him at 215 yards. Brian got all set up to wait for the big buck. As soon as he got set up a doe walked out and right behind her sniffin was the big boy. I told Brian there he is kill him please! He laid the smack down on that buck @ 215 yards. He ran 10 yards and was done. It was freakin awesome. Congrats to Brian. We packed him out and were done right before dark. The buck grossed 109 2/8" and has double matching eye guards, One eye guard has another 1" kicker off the back. Enjoy the pics. I had to get one next to the CWT sticker on my truck before we left.

DSC01353-1.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

Great looking buck. Congrats to the hunter.

Way to get it done!!!

What a stud buck right there!!! Congrats to you guys!!! JIM>