Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Why do we love to hunt?

Now this post got me thinking about the old days.

heres a pic of Dad and I fishing for Wahoo in early 63 on an island dad was stationed on 500 miles from Japan, then when I was around 14 dad sent me back to the same island for a month so I can see it before he retired.

a pic of my biggest. caught the shark drop shooting a live goat using bobbers with the guy behind my sister in the pic, basically hooked a live goat to some big butt hooks and threw it over board attached to some of those big orange floats I think there was 3. next morning we had the shark.

Ive lead a pretty AWSUM childhood

captain quint?

arghhhhhh

My dad and his buddies went deer hunting as often as they could get drawn. They were more about drinking beer than hunting it seemed like, and they were not serious hunters. After my dad and his buddies group of friends grew apart we started hunting with just me and him. We were more about the hunting but still didn't know much about hunting.

Hiking those hills when I was young and hunting is what got me to love it. I am trying to get better now that I know better, and I now have my own kids I am going to try and do what my dad did for me plus be better at the actual hunting part. I love my dad and I wish he was still capable of being in the woods with me so he could enjoy it with my kids.

My 5 year old went dove hunting with me for the first time this year, and he is probably going javelina hunting for the first time with me this year.

• Like 2

I think you have it or don't. My son wants nothing to do with it other than eating it.Loves the outdoors just doesnt have the bug. My girl only hunts big game when drawn. Neither care to fish but love to eat it. Must be the free food college thing. Just like sports.. show it to them and if they like it great and if not accept it and love them the same and don't shove it down their throat like some idiot redneck jock.

Parents grew up camping, camping, camping!!!! So the love of out doors was there. My dad still has the biggest buck in the family but he only went out a few times and thats it. Took me small game all the time but as a kid I longed to go hunting big game in the worst way. I day dreamed of being a guide in Montana as a kid and we did good at shooting guns all the time. Watch my friends off when they left to go hunting but not me. Dad never wanted to go. But it wasn't until I was 16 when I finally got to go out and bag my first big game!!! It was always there but sadly I was forced to wait