Sign in to follow this  
Jnj13

Rage 2 blade chisel mechanical- what happened?

Curious are you holding broadhead with insert still attatched to it? Or with it still threaded into insert I should say...

Just holding the broadhead. No insert.

Found a good video with example of shot etc w the Rage. Seems this guy had the same issue. May have opened but blades got hung up on bone. His example is at 2:00 mark and more through video. I'm pretty sure this is what happened. Zero blood on my recovered broadhead that I found 1 canyon over from the shot and 1 blade bent and still in the forward placement. Who knows. I agree with what everyone says. Better placement=dead deer but they move and we are not perfect. I think a fixed blade would have cut more but who knows.

That was the most ridiculous video I have ever watched. I am now dumber for watching it.

Dumber? is that possible? :) you're the "i can kill a deer in seconds with a welded shut broadhead" right?

He has video of him shooting a deer and the rage not opening. Thanks for contributing to the conversation though. tuff crowd

I'm going to try Swhacker this fall. Front deploying vs rear deploying. Should get more penetration before they open and if they don't open at all they still cut 1"

Anybody have a bad experience with them?

One thing I know of is China is making knock off Rage heads. They almost look identical in packaging. So beware of any broad head bought off e-bay or anywhere at a steep discounted rate. Not saying this is what happened just want to put the information out there.

Shot this 3 blade Swhacker into a pig at 20 yards and it never opened. For the record, a pig is the only thing I will shoot a mechanical into, everything else gets a fixed blade.

1002036165_Swhackerfail.thumb.jpeg.5440f8bf619322a701dc4ab8ed0ab0c8.jpeg

Quit posting pics where you hunt at. Looks like my deer campsite. I will trade some 4 blade muzzies for your shwackers.

9 hours ago, TOBY said:

Quit posting pics where you hunt at. Looks like my deer campsite. I will trade some 4 blade muzzies for your shwackers.

No deer left in there anyhow and only 1 pig left. If they are 100g muzzys, I'll gladly trade!