Sign in to follow this  
Jnj13

Rage 2 blade chisel mechanical- what happened?

Ha- I was expecting that.

I didn't ask for a refund. Just wanted to know if Feradyne thought the broad head expanded or failed? From the pic and description the rep sounded like failure was what they were leaning towards and offered me a refund if I mailed it in. Done.

You can make your own decisions about buying Rage going forward.

I guess I should call slick trick to and get my money back for making a shitty shot the other day.

That would be a nice size refund if you do.
  • Like 1

I doubt they are admitting failure... good customer service. Impossible for them to tell anything from that pic and description... just speculation. Good to know. Ed F

Its physically impossible for a rage not to open. Even if it did a well placed rage with the blades welded shut will kill a deer in seconds. I work in customer service as well and sometimes its easier just to offer a refund and avoid an argument and bad PR.

• Like 1

I recorded a buddy bouncing one off a rams shoulder at 40 yards. The video was on youtube for a while and got around 100,000 views before he pulled it. Hit it so hard, it broke his shoulder. He ended up killing it but it was ugly. I dont care what kind of broadhead it is, they should still at least stick in an 80lb animal.

• Like 1

I have shot mule deer through both shoulders with a Rage head and arrow never slowed down.

+1. I shot an elk through the spine of the shoulder blade and it went clear through and stopped at the fletching.

• Like 1

Found a good video with example of shot etc w the Rage. Seems this guy had the same issue. May have opened but blades got hung up on bone. His example is at 2:00 mark and more through video. I'm pretty sure this is what happened. Zero blood on my recovered broadhead that I found 1 canyon over from the shot and 1 blade bent and still in the forward placement. Who knows. I agree with what everyone says. Better placement=dead deer but they move and we are not perfect. I think a fixed blade would have cut more but who knows.

Found a good video with example of shot etc w the Rage. Seems this guy had the same issue. May have opened but blades got hung up on bone. His example is at 2:00 mark and more through video. I'm pretty sure this is what happened. Zero blood on my recovered broadhead that I found 1 canyon over from the shot and 1 blade bent and still in the forward placement. Who knows. I agree with what everyone says. Better placement=dead deer but they move and we are not perfect. I think a fixed blade would have cut more but who knows.

That was the most ridiculous video I have ever watched. I am now dumber for watching it.

• Like 1

Its physically impossible for a rage not to open. Even if it did a well placed rage with the blades welded shut will kill a deer in seconds. I work in customer service as well and sometimes its easier just to offer a refund and avoid an argument and bad PR.

Spot on. I Don't understand why more companies don't abide by this.

Curious are you holding broadhead with insert still attatched to it? Or with it still threaded into insert I should say...